Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

My SO told me the Mushroom and Swiss was good. I just said yeah, if you like mushrooms...cause I don't.

I was in Baton Rouge last Fri and my sister wanted to go eat there. My mom and I outvoted her for a Picadilly though. Dumb coonass comes all the way to the big sit tay and eats at a Picadilly.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Picadilly? You could have just as easily went eat at the hospital. Would have gotten better food for half the price.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Certainly not for half the price. Piccadilly is generally good food. I eat red beans and rice there almost every Monday.

4. shane0911

I will be in Baton Rouge either tomorrow or Thursday. I will allow you to prove it.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know what hospital you eat at but every one where I have eaten at a hospital cafeteria the food was terrible.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never had the RB&R there. I used to like the chopped steak but the quality went down as did the quality of the crawfish etouffe. Now if I go there I pretty much stick to the fried catfish.

7. shane0911

That is the point. It was a dig at the dilly.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its too bad they suck now. It used to be a great place to get a good meal for a reasonable price. When I was 4 or 5 years old my mother would drag me along on her shopping trips downtown. After she shopped we would go to the Piccadilly on 3rd Street for lunch. They had stuffed crabs then and I would always get two of them and a shrimp cocktail that they don't have anymore. After lunch we would go to a movie. Mom never kept track of when the feature started so we would just walk in at whatever point the movie was in, then watch until the end. Then the movie would start over and we would watch up until the point where we came in. For a long time I thought that was how everybody watched movies

9. shane0911

It may be. Idk, last time I ate there it was cafeteria food. Not very good.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It still is, at the least the ones I go to. Not as cheap as they used to be but neither is anybody else. The food is still pretty good, what has changed are things like paper napkins instead of cloth and plastic drink glasses instead of glass ones.

Well, duuuh, its a cafeteria. Don't expect a Michelin starred restaurant. But it beats the hell out of fast food or the plate lunches around town. The food is prepared fresh, not frozen or canned.