Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

Oh god, I forgot about Riverside Patty! I couldn't eat all of it but it was mighty good.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Ever try a turkey burger?

Turkey ground
    1 egg
    Diced onions and bell pepper
    wostershier sauce
    toneys
    top w/cheese
    hot sauce
    don't forget to toast the bun

I like shuck ems burgers. B/c i use to cook there in highschool back in the early 90's. They suck now. I use to hook the people up ya heard. Super thick.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I once accidentally took a bite of an abomination made of ground turkey that I thought was a real hamburger. I like regular turkey but ground turkey - YUUUCCKK

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I can't help your people don't know how to cook.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

OK Mike 69. I grew up on Venetian Isles, about 10 miles past Michoud down Chef Hwy on the Chef Pass just before "The Island." It is scary to think that anyone ate at one of the Chinese restaurants (I think you are referencing Ying King) any where near Village De L'Est (aka little Saigon). I lived out there from the time I was 4 yrs old til I went to LSU.

As for The Plaza, my most vivid memories include standing in line for Superman at the movies, and eating an ice cream sundae at Ferrell's (sp). Anytime that several major department stores close because their losses are so bad, you have to be scared. My aunt and uncle used to live in Lake Forest Estates. They got about 1/2 of what they put into their house over there.

6. captainpodnuh

I got no problem with Bud's, but I honestly can't rank it up there with the best burgers in town. I do enjoy a Bud's about every 2 or 3 weeks. Awesome chocolate shakes, and chili/cheese fries, too.

7. captainpodnuh

Riverside does make a huge burger, but it is fried, fried, fried. If they could change to a flame broiled burger, they would be the best burger in BR. Hands down. Gotta dock 'em for frying it on the grill. Otherwise, they would be right up there with the best.

8. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

Bossier City is getting a Johnny Rockets some time in the next year.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Burger Report

I had never heard of Riverside Patty before this thread. I just ate a burger at the one on Cloverland and it was very good but not the best. I think it would have been better if I would have told them to cook it somewhere between medium rare and medium so that the juices would be running.

I asked the guy how long they had been in business and he said the downtown location had been open for 22 years. Since I had never heard of it that tells you how often I go downtown.

Another thing is that I was feeling fine before I ate and now I'm am feeling slightly queesy. I don't know if I can blame that on the burger or not.

10. RPHTiger

RPHTiger Freshman

This place may have already been mentioned, but Tuckers Tavern in New Orleans near the medical center. They serve stuffed deep fried hamburgers, unbelievable.

1 person likes this.