best fight song

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Auburn4LifPlaya, Jan 17, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

A few of you have said that LSU's "fight song" would top this list. What is LSU's fight song? Is it the Pregame? Is it "Fight for LSU"? Is it "Tiger Rag"? Is it "Hey Fighting Tigers"? Hate to cause controversy here, but we really don't have one fight song like ND, UT (both of them), Michigan, etc. have. Personally, I like the fact that our band has several recognizable songs, used for different parts of a football game. Who doesn't love hearing "Chinese Bandits" after a defensive stop? But, we really don't have one, definitive fight song.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

J_Oates
    How dare you agree with me.. ;)

3. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

USC has different songs as well. "Fight On" as well as their "real" fight song.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I always think of the pregame song as the fight song. The drum cadence that begins the music...the horns hitting "Hold That Tiger"...the band turning to the corners of the stadium. Man, the hair on my neck bristles. How can you not want to be a Tiger fan when you hear that? It's the same music that plays when you go to www.nicksaban.net. If you've never been there, you should go and let the Shockwave intro play. It really is something special.

Incidentally, if you haven't been to the Tiger Athletic Foundation website lately (www.lsutaf.org), you should go. They have a nice section called "Greatest Moments in LSU Sports". It's really nice.

The short answer is: Yes, we have a definitive fight song. It's not overplayed like "Rocky Top". The band plays a short version of "Hold That Tiger" after first downs (where the Tiger fans respond with "GO TIGERS". So, to me, the Pre-game "Hold That Tiger" song is THE definitive LSU fight song.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The official fight song is "Fight for LSU" played when the team runs onto the field and after they score a touchdown. Of course, that's probably why nobody knows is because it is too loud ni Tiger Stadium to hear at those times!!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has three traditional songs. Hey, Fightin' Tigers is the newcomer that came along in the 1960's.

Fight for LSU and Touchdown for LSU are from the 1930's and are the songs featured in the LSU pregame routine after the the fanfare.

You can download audio clips from the Tiger Band website.

http://www.lsu.edu/highlights/302/302band.htm