Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. sstig

sstig Freshman

Mike Miley?

2. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

Shreef Adur-Rahim, Monte Williams, David Greene, Fred Gibson, and Brandon Jacobs (former Auburn, currently Southern Illinois) Probably already know this but he is 6'5 260 of slim muscle and runs a 4.4.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Shaq. I saw him in the McDonalds All Star game before he came to LSU.

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Bingo!!!

I heard back in the late 90's that he still held the national high school "walks to plate appearances" record".

SIDE NOTE ON CLARK - A friend of mine (and occassional poster) grew up with Will Clark. Will Clark grew up a big LSU fan. And, he was leaning towards signing with LSU in 1982 (the year before Skip got here) despite the fact that LSU didn't have half the baseball program MSU had. The LSU coach (I forget his name) called Clark on the telephone and offered him a scholarship. Clark's parents were out that night and Clark told the coach that he just wanted to talk with his parents prior to accepting the scholarship. The coach told him that the offer was a take-it-or-leave-it and he had to take-it-or-leave-it AT THAT INSTANCE BEFORE THEY GOT OFF THE PHONE. The LSU coach wouldn't even give Clark the simple opportunity to just talk it over with his parents. Clark told the coach (paraphrasing), "Well, I can't accept without talking with my parents." The coach then withdrew the scholarship offer and Clark went to Schtate.

Imagine Will Clark and Joey Belle in the same lineup!!!

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

His name was Dennis Yerby. I worked with the man for some time. He was one hell of a flag football player also.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think that idiot coach was Jack LaMabe.

7. DeepPurple

DeepPurple Founding Member

Ill change it up some, best player that got his behind handed to him, Cedric Benson ,Midland Lee,now a horn,West Monroe demolished what was supposed to be a great Texas team.And Im not from either school , thats just what happened

8. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

Another great LA HS football player was Johnnie Hector of the New Iberia Yellow Jackets, Texas A&M, and the NY Jets. I saw him play Lee HS of B.R. in the playoffs and he was virtually impossible to tackle. I don't know how many yards he had, but it was a bundle. Best HS player I've seen live in person. I can't remember the year he was a Sr in HS but it was late 70s or early 80s.

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Randy Livingston. I watched him play against Port Barre in the Top 28. I knew a couple of the boys from PB and played against them once, which they handed my ass to me in a basket. I knew that PB was fast especially with William Davis at point, played college football at Mcneese. I just remember how much faster Livingston was then the whole PB team. I just couldn't believe it, his first step was amazing. He was a one man show, simply amazing.

10. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

Who knows how good Randy Livingston could have been if he hadn't been injured. He was a pretty damn good player on one leg. I think he could have been one the all time great point guards if he hadn't got hurt. He had an instinct for the game few have and he seemed to be able to make others better. Tremendous passer. What a shame he got injured...