Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Billy Cannon was unstoppable in H.S. Also, great on defense

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

In no order:

1) Bucky Richardson - Broadmoor '87 One man show on the football field...........did however choose the wrong sport IMO, he was better at baseball. Hit a homerun off me that still hasn't landed.

2) Andre Mitchell - Tara High School '87. Awesome. Don't know what ever happened to him. Never played in college that I recall. Was incredible.

3) Brian Mitchell - Plaquemine '86. Incredible. Offense was simple..........Brian would drop back and either throw it 60 yds to a receiver or run for 20.

4) Ben McDonald - Denham Springs '86. Struck me out on 3 pitches that I never saw. Guy could bring it.

On the Marcus Dupree discussion. I know a guy who went to the same high school and witnessed the game where Dupree broke the national hs TD or Rushing record. It was a sham. They would let the other team score just to get the ball back in the hands of Dupree.

3. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Cecil Collins, Leesville High class of 96. He was so good, he only played a total of 7 college games (got kicked off of McNeese and LSU )and still managed to get drafted and eventually became starter beating out 2 first rounders and the Dolphins only 1000 yard rusher (Kareem Abdul Jabbar) at the time.

4. ddt

ddt Founding Member

I'd have to say Livingston for bball. The guy was sick, in the two games I saw him play it seemed like he was not even trying and still ended up with 30+ both games, that guy was something special. I remember playing some pick up games with William Davis from Porte Barre, he was pretty good, but their guard Willie was a stud...not sure where he played his college ball though. Lester Earl was probably the best I played against...the guy would dunk on anyone, anytime and he was always the fastest player on the court, simply an amazing athlete.

For football, I'd definetly have to say Kevin Faulk. It was a given that every game he'd have a punt or kickoff return for a TD plus a couple of rushing TDs.

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I am guessing you mean the best performance I ever saw in a HS game and for me it easily Sharone Carey.....Shaw against my school Jesuit.....just was phenominal....beyond any measure of believability......WOW

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

You saw Lebron play in high school in person?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no, it said live. i saw him live everytime i was trying to watch baseball tonight on fridays then they cut in with that crap. i didnt like it.

but he was pretty good as you now know.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

That's bull**** ... I know one who stopped him ... my dad ... Cannon's blood was spilled all over my dad's jersey ... Billy Cannon fondly remembered him as the most vicious hitter he ever faced in HS ... both played ball together again at LSU in the late 50's. Cannon wasn't even the best RB LSU had in the late 50's ... A New Iberia RB was #1 until a freak severe injury ended his career at LSU ... unstoppable ... this Running back was just that until fate sidelined him ... Tiger trivia buffs, can you name this RB? :hihi:

The best modern HS players I have ever seen on film or watched were:

Cecil Collins & Barrington Edwards at RB

Ryan Perriloux, David Kelley & Rohan Davey @ QB

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well I watched Early Doucet on rivals.com in those little video clips they provide.

Does that frickin count too?

This thread has gone sadly awry. :dis: :dis:

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Tough one.
    If I had to pick just one (like the title says) I'd say Jamaican Dartez, mainly because I saw nearly all of his games. Amazing instincts!
    Others that qualify, Domanick Davis-quickest feet of all time.
    Kevin Faulk-That #7 for Acadiana is still trying to get his balance :)
    Joe Smith (I believe his name was Smith) from Independence. Jamaican ended his career with a knee injury.
    Jack Williams-Every interception he made was returned for a TD (That's got to be a record!)
    Jake Delhomme-his team sucked as a freshman, but I could still see that he was pretty good. :)

My high school coach (Pee Wee Guidry) said that Tommy Casanova was the best he ever coached against.