Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I've seen Early play for 3 years (missed last years game). He's good, but not the best to come out of St. Martinville. Although, a St. Martinville alumni said that Early is the best to come out of the parish. He claims that he's better than Domanick Davis and Jamaican Dartez. If so, we've got a winner!
    I think Early's better in basketball.

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I played against Willie a little bit in HS. He was in 8th grade and dunking on us. He was amazing, but he had a lot of trouble in school. His senior he was exspelled for pretty much being a punk. I remember it because my cousin was the principal at PB at the time and said that the adminstration was fed up with his attitude so they gave him the boot. I don't think he played any college ball. It is a shame to waste such talent.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Steve Worster, Bridge City TX in the mid 60's. Went to UT and became an All-American FB with Darrell Royal's great teams running the wishbone.

Best I played against was Hoyle Granger, a massive back from Oberlin who went to Miss St and played for the Oilers and I think the Saints.

:lsug:

4. possun33

possun33 Freshman

Red Brodnax

The runningback from New Iberia you are talking about is Red Brodnax. He torn his knee up after a 99 yard TD against Texas in the second game of the 1957 season.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

But you are basing that on just one game per year. I think had you watched him play all year long for 3 years you might have a different opinion.

Dang, is he that good in basketball?

6. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

I thought D. Davis went to Breaux Bridge, and J. Dartez went to Cecilia
    BTW, is it relatively cold down there. I'm in Ohio and yesterday I actually had to wear a fleece in Aug!! The whole time I was thinking this non-sense wouldn't be happening in La., but on another board someone was talking about how chilly it is down there. Nevertheless, can't wait to get back down south.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He was referring to the best players to come out of St. Martin parish, not St. Martinville.

8. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

Ceicil "the deisel" Collins... tooo bad he shared half of his brain with Mike Tyson.

9. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

Anthony A-Train

10. lsuirish

lsuirish Founding Member

here is one from the past

Terry Daffin Catholic BR. Football, Baseball and Track-all state. Best overall athlete I ever saw.