Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Haynesville H.S. had a RB in the mid-90's by the name of Bobby Ray Tell. I saw him light up both U High and Christian Life. He came out the same year as Cecil Collins, and probably would've been a better choice for LSU. He played at La. Tech (of course, they only passed.)

Bucky Richardson was incredible.

Carl Bernard and Neal Dellacono at Catholic High in the early 80's.

2. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

Major Applewhite hung 55 on us in a jamboree that was impressive
    Demetrius Hookfin was real good in high school also

3. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Eddie Fuller and Vincent Fuller at Leesville both killed us in Highschool, they were both great and both played at LSU.

4. freddy

freddy Founding Member

Top 5 I've Seen In Person
    Football
    1) Cecil Collins
    2) Kevin Faulk
    3) Warrick Dunn
    4) Brock Berlin
    5) Marcus Spears
    Basketball
    1) Randy Livingston
    2) Lester Earl
    3) Gerald Honeycutt
    4) Kerry Kittles
    5) Semoine Augustus
    Honorable Mention: Desmond Johnson - he was a sprinter from St Aug, ran against him a few times (ok I was in the same race with him, didn't come close to running near him), the guy ran 45.9 in the state meet in the 400, 2nd place was over 3 secs behind

5. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Basketball: Saw Chris Jackson play while he was in Highschool in Lake Charles at the Popeyes classic.....enough said.

6. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Don't forget Travis Minor.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Warrick Dunn for CHS.

I know this is typical of today's high school player but this was one of the first kids I'd ever seen that did EVERYTHING. While I was in high school he was at CHS and I'd got to see him his last two years. I'll never forget the first time I saw the guy. The first play of the game he lined up at WB and threw a 30 yard pass across the middle. Running hurry up offense he then lined up at wide receiver and the running back lined up at qb. Minor then caught a pass on that play for a nice gain....... was not a close game heh....

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Houston McTear. I believe about 1978, world-record holding sprinter at age 18, returned kicks and played RB and Slot receiver. I can't remember the team but believe it to be a Florida panhandle team. Saw him play against Panama City Bay HS and he singlehandedly destroyed them in the state semis. Legit 4.2 speed on turf. It was over in the first half as he returned 1 kick and 2 punts for TD's. He later played for the Houston Oilers. Saw an S.I. article on him several years ago and it said he was homeless and living underneath the Santa Monica Pier.

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Cecil collins, by far!!

10. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

My freshman year in high school I got to play against Larry "look a purse" Foster. Man that guy ran back the opening kickoff and scored two more TD's b/4 halftime. They pulled him out for the rest of the game.

It was either the same year or the next year I can't remember but I played against Randy Livingston and Newman. It reminded me of that Saturday Night Live w/Jordan. One black hot dog playing w/4 white guys. Anyway he scored like 34 and had one of the nastiest blocks against my friend Andre I ever seen. Dray went in for a lay-up and Randy swatted the ball hard off the brick wall in our gym-nasty stuff.

A few years b/4 I played, my brother was on the team w/this guy named Keith Johnson. They were playing St. Aug. The Purple Knights had like three guys that went on to major collages and the NBA. One of them was Stacy Augman. Anyway Keith scored 61 and won by like 3. But I remember he drove the lane one on 5 and slammed it tomahawk style right in the whole teams face. The crowd went nuts. Keith Johnson went on to play for Nickels and later was cut from the Lakers to make room for Nick VanExal. Keith was the best high school Basketball player I ever saw.

:laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav