Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Howard Carter at good ol' Redemptorist.

Glad that he became a Tiger.

My brother was a starter with him on the AAA championship team in '77,
    and Hi-C was just a 15 year old sophomore but dude was DOMINANT!

Too bad he turned into a thug when he turned pro... :dis:

...first rounder no less...

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One of those white guys was Peyton Manning.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

It was Cooper that played with Randy. I did see Randy in the top 24 and he was the entire Newman team. I'm pretty sure that I saw Randy pass a ball that bounced off the head of a Newman player. Old age is killing my memory :)

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I saw a video of Chris Jackson at that tournament. I don't remember his exact stats but he scored like 50. There was a sequence in the game where he hit a 3 on like 5 consecutive trips down the court. During that span he also pinned a guys dunk attempt against the back board. Pretty damn amazing athlete.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Haven't see as many high school games as I should. Kevin Faulk as a SR at Carencro was near unstoppable. He was already a legend for about two years at that time.

Played against Lester Earl once. Their entire team had a pretty good full-court press with Lester as the trap man when the ball was first thrown in. He dominated our big men but it was mostly off of wide open dunks. I never saw him make an offensive move in HS or at LSU & Kansas.

My uncle is a high school coach and claims Perilloux is the best he's ever seen. I think Mack Brown is like a lot of coaches, only as good as their players and coordinators. If Perilloux is as good as advertised, I think he can lead Texas to the next level. I'd like nothing more than to meet Texas in a big game down the road. Perilloux as an opponent scares me 100 times more than Brock Berlin but it could still be a few years before he becomes the starter.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he made some obscene number of free throws at practice without missing. something like theyd never leave til everyone was done and he was there all evening. forgot the amount.

he often called shaq for tips.

7. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

Trust me I didn't we couldn't tackle him for anything :geaux:

8. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

I didn't get to see him after his sophmore year b/c we moved up in class but he was pretty good back then :geaux:

9. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

Anthony "A-Train" Thomas

I went to school with this Work-horse. We knew he was gonna play somewhere big when he rushed for over 2,000 yards in 1994, his sophmore year. His nickname was BIG AMP and he was 6'2 215 back then. He set state record in Louisiana for most touchdowns in one season. Has set All Time leading Rusher record at Michigan. Now he is on an offense for the Chicago Bears that has been one demonsional the past couple of years. Hopefully, Grossman will get that passing game going this year and NFL Defenses wont key in on the A-Train every play! Can you believe that damn Gerry DiNardo didn't pust to get the A-Train to play at LSU. Oh well good thing he went to Michigan, he had a hell of a career.

I SAW EM WIN THE SEC CHAMP GAME 2001

GEAUX TIGERS

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Sean Christmas. He was a senior in 1998 at H.L. Bourgeois. He could run the football. My dad says the only other person he has ever seen move the ball like him is Dalton Hilliard. Sean got into drugs in college, and never became the All-American he could have been. I'll never forget him or his 280 yards against Ellender in the fal of 97.