Best High School Player you have ever seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Aug 12, 2004.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I remember watching Howard Carter when I was in elementary school (when my dad was the football coach at Catholic High.) He was out of control.

2. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Shyrone Carey without a doubt. Hank Tierney(the former Shaw coach who is now at West Jeff) changed his offense specifically for Shyrone. He just made the teams he played look silly, especially my team -JHS. Also, Skyler Greene was pretty impressive.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

How could I forget... Kim Willoughby. She was the most dominant volleyball player in Louisiana history. She led Assumption to 2 or 3 state titles. She had an All-American carreer at Hawaii. My ex-girlfriend blocked a Willoughby kill once and she says it was the high-point of her athletic career. Willoughby was at assumption at the same time as Brandon Jacobs.

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Baker High School. Baker, Fla. He did not play football his senior year. Concentrated on track. Every sec team wanted him dearly. The dude probably could have gone anywhere except for one problem. Could not read. Something along third grade level. No college would touch him. Did not finish high school and the school did everything possible to help him. Ali took an interest in him and built his parents a home. He tried to get Houston help. He just couldn't learn. Ran professional track for a while. Used to race quarterhorses at halftime. (100 yds) Saw that myself. (he beat the horse) around 72 or 73. I had just gotten out of the army.