Best in the West?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by putter510, Dec 4, 2002.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yep!!! :D :D :D

Actually, it was GORDO... ;)

2. putter510

putter510 Freshman

:p Sorry, didn't know about the site until after the game. Seriously!!! Anyway, it has been fun, go win the bowl game where ever you go. I also agree about the non-conference schedule with the conference as tough as it is. However, Arkansas does get Texas next year in Austin 2nd game of the season. You can't afford, no matter how good you are, to load up too many of those type games, especially with 12 games again and probably the rule from now on.

3. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

Thanks!

Well, even though it's not like LSU gave us the game (they DID try and run the clock out and kick a field goal with less than a minute left to try and put the game away, and did go into a prevent defense to prevent us from getting off a long pass), if it makes you feel better, I will be the first to say "THANK YOU LSU!!!!" We were lucky. We were lucky to beat LSU. We were lucky to beat Mississippi State. We were lucky to beat Ole Miss. We were lucky to beat ULL. We were lucky to shut out South Carolina and Troy State. We were lucky to massacre Auburn, Boise State and South Florida, three teams ranked ahead of LSU in the BCS. I'll take luck over having the talent and not being able to win with it any day.

Now I hope that the LSU fans are happy, because I feel about the same. :cool:

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

C'mon folks, give Gordo and Ark a break

and a little credit. The Razorbacks are a good football team. They deserve a little respect.

The game could have gone either way. They won by only one point. We shouldn't trash the Razorbacks because of that. They played well enough to win the game and had a little good luck mixed in, too. Everybody knows that every successful season includes an element of good luck. That's the nature of football.

My point is that we should give them a bit of credit and respect. LSU's focus needs to be on our bowl game and winning the SEC next year.

Let's let the Razorbacks enjoy their win without sniping at it.

5. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Lighten up Jean, the tiger fans are working out thier frustrations over the loss, & the current pig fans that are on our site are mainly here to kick a tiger when he's down, the exchanges are therapy!

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Seems like you porker fans are trying to keep your minds off the SECC game this weekend. Are you trying to savor the moment as long as possible by continuing to talk about history. Keep the faith and look forward to the game in Atlanta. You have a chance with luck.

7. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Gordo, you keep trolling over here...

for some respect for Arkansas after your fluke win. You're just not going to find it.

Anyone who watched that game knows that Arkansas is not a very good team and just got lucky. Your coach is a complete flake.

Now I am saying that knowing LSU is not all that good, either. Regardless of how we see things as far as who's better than who in the SECW, Arkansas won the thing and that's all that really counts.

IMO, Bama was the best team, AU was playing lights out at the end of the year. LSU was a better team than Arkansas, but ended up losing on a fluke. Most SECW observers who are not Arkansas fans would agree with me. I realize you're biased. I was the same way last year with LSU, as I thought they did not get enough respect. But you know what, LSU went out there and made folks beleive they were real good. When it was all said and done, most folks beleived that LSU was one of the top 4 teams in the nation, because they won the SECCG and a highly-touted (though overrated) Illinios team in the Sugar.

Now, I thought we were real good last year because we had unbelievable athletes on offense and our defense was coming around. I really don't see any comparability b/w LSU last year and Ark this year. And I like Arkansas (in-laws from there). You have a decent RB in Talley, and an excellent OL in your All-AM, but it ends there.

Get it done against GA, you'll get props from everyone, including me. I don't fault you for beleiving in your team, I would as well. But don't come in here laughing at us because we have no respect for you. No one has respect for you.

8. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

I'm not looking for respect from you.

Why would I expect respect for beating LSU? This isn't a monumental feat. The lack of respect that Arkansas is getting is due to a lack of respect for LSU. If anybody had respect for LSU, then they would at least respect Arkansas for beating them and continuing the longest win streak in the conference.

Our "flake" coach is 2-1 against Nick Saban, and every time they have faced each other Nick Saban has had the more talented team and been ranked higher. But an LSU fan like yourself won't care about that because for some reason you have an air of false superiority.

I thought that LSU was a fluke last year myself. They didn't impress me much at all when we played them. I pulled for them against Tennessee, but I didn't think that they would win. I knew that they would win against Illinois, but I didn't think that they would stomp them the way that they did. They turned it on at the end of the year to make believers out of everyone, including me. But it's a stretch to say that they were top 4. I would have had them in the top 10, though.

Right now that is what Arkansas is trying to do. The only thing so far that hurts Arkansas' credibility is that they lost at home to two probation teams (two teams that LSU knows first hand how difficult it is to play against). But other than that Arkansas has done quite nicely.

(edited for inflamitory comments)

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

TIGER FANS LOVE ROHAN!!!!

Gordo, you just made my ignore list. Ro will go down as one of the all-time great QB's at LSU and he only played one full season. He was a great character guy and I would probably get into a fist fight if any LSU fans had bad things to say about him. I'll admit there was some pro-Booty stuff a couple of years ago but everyone supported Ro last year after his peach bowl win the year before. I think 99% or more Tiger fans will always remember Rohan in a positive way and he is my favorite all-time QB at LSU (beginning with the 80's).

1. Ro
    2. Tommy Hodson (if only the team was better his last years)
    3. Herb Tyler (gotta love Herb)

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Speaking of arrogant. Gordo, you are either arrogant or stupid. You take a few data points & condemn the entire LSU nation. Too bad for you.