Best in the West?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by putter510, Dec 4, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Re: I'm not looking for respect from you.

Thanks for making my point. Arkansas is not getting respect for the win because it was a fluke. IF you would have handed us our asses, or even beaten us by a touchdown in a competitive game, then I would be the first one to say - props to Arkansas, they beat us. If you saw the game or were there, like me, Arkansas fans were sitting on their hands for most of the game, knowing they were being throttled by a better team. The fact is, you won on a fluke and everyone excpt Arkansas fans seem to know it.

Your game against GA, IMO, will not even be competitive, but that's why you play. If Ark. plays a competitive game against GA, I'll be surprised, pleasantly surprised. That's why our loss hurts so much, because we lost to an inferior opponent.

Air of false superiority? Do you honestly think that any D1 program in the country would want the Nutt as coach? Ask anyone outside of Arkansas who, LSU or Arkansas, has a better FB program, better tradition. The only SECW team that tops us id Alabama. What do you think the response would be? Not that any of that matters in the race for SECW champs, which Ark won, but you brought it up.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

It is indeed good therapy.

A little argument never hurt anybody.

After all, we have to keep ourselves in Fightin Tiger trim.

I don't argue too much with opponents. I simply remind them:

"We are named after the famed Louisiana Tiger
    Brigades; WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU NAMED AFTER?"

3. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

Then you better start swinging, because there were LSU fans that hated him being QB!

We actually liked Rohan Davey. We couldn't beat him, but we respected him for that. If Saban would have been smart enough to play him against ARK in Little Rock in 2000, LSU would have beaten us. We admitted that all along. But Saban isn't all that much of a coach, I guess. Two out of three years we shouldn't have beaten LSU with Saban as coach, but somehow we did. So that must mean something. I think that Nick Saban is going to join Tommy Tubberville, Jackie Sherrill, and Lou Holtz as coaches that don't want to bring their teams to Arkansas against Houston Nutt anymore.

I'm not the one who is trying to boast about tradition, flukes, refs, or anything else that people try to bring up to compensate for losing. You know why Georgia beat the hell out of Arkansas in Atlanta? Because UGA is a damn good team that beat the snot out of us and sent us packing. The refs, tradition, flukes, yadda, yadda, yadda, had nothing to do with it. UGA had better athletes, better play calling, more fans, and a higher score, and they gave us payback for putting them in the Music City Bowl last year. End of story. But I was still proud that Arkansas was there, and I had a great time in Atlanta and look forward to making the trip again next year.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well Saban who is not much of a coach managed to do what Nutt cannot. That is win an SEC Championship. Spare us the we played 4th Ranked Georgia mess as well. We played 2nd Ranked Tennessee and beat them 31-20

You guys looked great by the way. Made us all proud here in the west. Also if you do make it again next year, can you at least score a Touchdown ? Hopefully for the SEC's sake, the luck of the Pig runs out. All we need is to see that mess again (For the 3rd time) it is embarrassing.

Now go enjoy you Music City Bowl.

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Wait am I missing something?

Didn't Arkansas just score 3 points and get the *&@$# kicked out of them for the 2nd time in Atlanta? And the point of them being here 2 weeks AFTER the game is......

Arkansas: 6 points combined out of 2 trips to Atlanta. Way to make a showing guys!

6. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

DiehardLSUfan is my roommate...

Paul and I have had so many laughs about this. He said, "Damn, you guys scored three TDs against LSU and LSU scored two against Arkansas, so that makes you one TD better than LSU. If you didn't score any TDs against UGA, then would they have taken points away from us if we had been good enough to play against UGA?" I reassured Paul that they would not have deducted any points from LSU as a handicap for being LSU, and that had LSU been good enough to make it to the SEC title game in Atlanta, they probably wouldn't have been beaten much worse than Arkansas got beaten. This was while we were playing Playstation 2 NCAA 2003, where, true to life, my Arkansas Razorbacks beat LSU on a last minute TD pass.

Then Paul started talking about how he hates UAB for some reason. I don't understand him sometimes!!!

7. GORDO

GORDO Founding Member

BTW...remember what diehardLSUfan said...

whenever LSU starts spouting off about tradition...Paul mentioned Arkansas making TWO trips the SEC title game.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

LOL

me and Gordo know each other from College Sports chat room on Yahoo is what he meant. If any of yall get a chance go in there, you can do what we do here basically only do it at real time and even do it on voice, pretty cool!

Oh by the way Jeff, LSU 1-0 in Atlanta Arkansas 0-2

;)