Best LSU CB Ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Discuss...

Was talking with a fellow LSU person who has also migrated to Tuscaloosa and we had a long debate.

In modern terms I would have to say Chevis Jackson. He is a blanket and is rarely thrown on. Zenon is also a great playmaker but is more of an overachiever IMO, which is not a knock on him. Webster/Daniels were a little overrated to me.

Who ya got?

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

HOMER! :yelwink2:

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Well, normally I am. But this was mainly based on the modern era. I just couldnt think of anyone else.

ps. Youre just jealous of my avatar.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

In all seriousness, Tommy Casanova would have to be considered one of our best ever defensive backs. He played safety in the pro's but he played all over and was all world when I was a kid.

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Tommy Casanova has always been my favorite LSU player. He was great at LSU and in the pros, and has always remained true to LSU and the Tigers.

:eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Good one. Thats why I asked because I always forget about these type of people because Im not an old man like you. :grin: :wink:

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

He was before my time, but I still hear my dad speak of his legend:

Tommy Casanova

[​IMG]

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Plead guilty to the old man charge. :lol:

Tommy is the best I've seen in watching 40+ years of Tiger football.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The other topic about big games in Tiger Stadium also involve Tommy Casanova. He played in the early 70's game where Notre Dame came to Tiger Stadium in what was a HUGE, HUGE game. Notre Dame won 3-0 on a last minute field goal but Casanova was all over the field and almost intercepted a pass that would have stopped that ND drive. IMHO, this is the biggest game in Tiger Stadium that I remember because ND was all world then and we gave them one helluva battle. It was a GREAT, GREAT classic game.

10. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

i think corey webster would have to be the top if you take away his injuries his last year, corey raymond was also a really good corner but was stuck in a not soo good system when he was at lsu.