Best LSU CB Ever

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Oct 3, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

That was you? I booed you. :lol:

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

There....fixed it for you! :lol:

3. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Demetrius "Wheres what?" Hookfin, easily.

Anyways, he was before my time but Cassanova is an excellent choice if nothing else based on his credentials, I mean any three time All American is good but for a guy to carry himself as well as he has off the field (sounds very intelligent and well spoken in every interview Ive heard) is a major plus.

In my time, however, Webster or Jackson would be my choice. Ive really liked practically all of our CB's (as players and off the field) in the past four years so picking the best would be difficult for me. As someone already pointed out, look at Randall Gay, our nickle back, has been a solid pro CB for the Patriots. The only knock on Webster/Jackson is their slight lack of speed, but they both more than made/make uo for it with great ball skills and hands.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Exactly what I thought and would go with Casanova as the all time best.

Ive said it before here but we need to be extremely thankful for the corners we've had lately. Nothing is worse than knowing a defense can do all they can but to only watch a certain corner get picked on all game. Here is to recruiting. :thumb:

5. LSU CamelToe

LSU CamelToe Founding Member

Casanova was before my time so I would have to go with Corey Webster. He was a blanket when he played.

1 person likes this.
  6. destrehan

destrehan Founding Member

jai eugene

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

That statement may have merit in a couple of years.

8. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Jerry Stovall, runner up for the HeismanTrophy, all pro corner back, also played a little HB (half back in my day) returned kicks (ran back one against Georgia Tech (when they were in the SEC) at the start of the
    2nd half as I recall that was the winning play. Of course this happened before most of you were sperm.:thumb:

9. wmarcg

wmarcg Founding Member

I would take Jerry Stovall and Tommy Casanova as my corners anytime. There are a lot of good choices and is almost impossible to compare modern day players to players from the past but these to guys were great and both had outstanding pro careers.:geauxtige