best lsu qb performance of all time.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, May 5, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

tommy hodson in the earthquake game against auburn (ranked #4). the stats will never show it, but just watch it on espn classics. the kid saw the turf more than he saw his receivers. and watch his face on the sidelines. he knew he was getting the sh*t kicked out of him and still kept coming back. one of the most heroic performances in LSU football history.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rohan in the 2001 Bama game

3. snorton938

for rohan, it'd have to be the first game he replaced josh booty and worked on one wheel. who was that against? (i can't remember but it was on espn.....was it the tennessee ot game?).

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Paul Lyons against Wisconsin at Camp Randall Stadium in 70 or 71. He set an NCAA single game individual total offense record against the Badgers that day. Was completely unstoppable in the win.

Another was Steve Ensminger in I think '77 against Rice. Set a single game NCAA record for td passes along with Carlos Carson (receiving) with 6 in the 77-0 shellacking of the Owls.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

WOW, I am remembering this game now. It was the sort of LSU game that really sucked you in emotionally even more than usual. I'd love to see a replay of it!

6. snorton938

well since i was around 8 years old during those games i'll have to take your word. and i'm glad jesus loves me. :D

7. snorton938

yeah. it was the one where the espn old guy coach kept saying he didn't think rohan would be in for the next play. in ot, lsu won on the first offensive play (could've won in regulation but cabello missed a field goal attempt). also, tennessee qb clausen was replaced by a kid whose name i can't remember.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU vs. Tennessee no doubt with the Davey performance. It was a will to win on Davey's part that sets this one apart. There is no way he should have been able to continue at different points in that game. Not only did he continue, he pretty much single handedly won the game for LSU.

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

One of Bert Jones's games!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Great insight Mr. Lafitte