best lsu qb performance of all time.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, May 5, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep I was there. great game but I wouldnt classify it as the greatest QB performance. I will go with the UT game when Ro was hurt as many have mentioned before. When he outran the 2 DBs up the middle on the first play with that injury my mouth dropped open. Hell, he always looked kinda chunky much less on a bum leg to be able to do that.

In that gator bowl, remember who SC's WR was? The RB or the QB?

Sterling Sharpe, Harold Greene that used to play with the Bengals and Todd Ellis their QB.

2. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

I think we are talking about different seasons. Actually OU won the championship in 2000 over FSU, the year we won the Peach Bowl. It was the following season that we won the Sugar. Miami won the title that year over Nebraska. (who should not have even been there) The Canes were pretty awesome that year. Don't know if we could have beaten them, but I think we would have been way more competitive.

3. msully

msully Founding Member

Good Ole RO

If he(Rohan) had of played the 2nd half LSU would have lost the SECCG to UT TENNESSEE was ready for him they knew that Rohan was the offense.By the way which quarterback led THE TIGERS to a National Championship? Did Rohan win an SEC Championship? I really do not remember. I think that LSU needs another quarterback like the one that won last years Sugar Bowl ! Maybe it was not the quarterback , it may not have been a running back . Could it have been , the team ? I would like to see a qb like we had last year and all around him a team of players like LSU had last season. Last season was fun !! Geaux Tigers!!!

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

As I remember that game, the FSU qb, (Rix I believe) made a lot of good passes to open receivers but they just couldn't catch a cold that night for some reason. ZeroU stacked the line against the running game and Snoop Mininis and the other receivers had one of the worst cases of stonehands I ever saw. Ro and Josh and Jerel and Clayton would have picked them apart. Had we played FSU on that night we probably score 40. JMO

5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Bert Jones first start at QB against Notre Dame. LSU won 28-7 in Tiger Stadium at night on national TV. We had lost to ND the year before 3-0 at ND. They scored on a field goal after what may have been the worst call I have ever seen in a football game anytime any where. ND got in field goal position after a pass interference call that never happend. The receiver had tripped over his own feet and fell down. There wasn't an LSU defender any where near him. Didn't have instant replay in those days, but they showed it on the Charlie Mac show on the following Sunday. Up until that time it was the most anticipated game in LSU history. We scored on our first possession. On ND's next possession they drove to a first and goal from about the 5 yard line. The Bandits held them and we went on to an easy win over a very very good Notre Dame team.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Rohan Davey, 2001, on the road against the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

35 completions on 44 attempts
    2 Touchdowns
    1 Interception
    528 yards
    Long Pass of 47 yards
    One Sack allowed for -3 yards

79.5% completion percentage.

LSU wins 35-21 in the single most amazing offensive performance I've ever witnessed by an LSU football team. That we scored only 5 times is strange...Because it seemed much, much more than that.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That one will be nearly impossible to top, ever! :grin: