Best LSU Team Since You

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Jul 14, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I really need to go to Sharper Image:geaux:

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

The 1970 team lost to ND at South Bend, 3-0. Ole Piss got lucky against the 69 team, which cost us a N.C. Texas couldn't move the ball on that team nor stop the O.

The 1970 team loss her starting QB to death. Don't remember what happend nor the name of the QB. Bert lost red shirt year to back up QB, Lee, who would play for the Bears.

The 69-70 teams were the best LSU team I have seen. I looking for one of Saban's teams to be as dominate.

3. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

favorite teams

[​IMG]

:lsug: Well, I'm partial to the '79 team. I was a freshman living in North Stadium dorms. My cousin was captain that year. Charley Alexander's senior year. Biggest thrill was the U.S.C. team featuring Charles White. We should have won that game except for a "phantom" facemasking call against Benji Thibadeaux.:helmet:

4. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

whoop's not charley's last year

[​IMG]

brain fart, Charley already left :geaux: I still remember him running as hard as any runner ever.

5. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Yep,and if I recall correctly,it was a Pac-10 official who made that call.That was the same year LSU had almost upset Alabama (0-3) and Florida State(19-24).