Best QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Jul 18, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

BERT JONES for heavens sake! All-American, all SEC, #2 draft pick, stellar NFL career.

If it were the last 20 years it would be Hodson for sure, followed by Herb Tyler. Rohan is a favorite of mine, too but he only started one full year. Hodson and Tyler accomplished much more in their multiple-year careers.

:lsug:

2. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I like lsu99 statement "Rohan had the best year that I've ever seen for an LSU QB" God only knows what might have been with Rohan at QB for two complete years. I still choose Tommy!

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Josh Booty?

:)

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Agreed. Bert is the best QB since 1970. The others couldn't hold his jock strap. Bert maybe the best QB dating back to YA Tittle.

5. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

Bert Jones easily the best and none of the others are even close on this one...Hodson next, only when he had an offensive line, then Ro for leadership skills....worst with best record was Wickersham.

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

How could I forget him??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Bert Jones,

Y. A. Tittle

Tommy Hodson

Rohan Davey

Steve Ensminger

Herb Tyler

Alan Risher

Josh Booty

Mike Hillman

Nelson Stokley

Apologies to Jeff Wickersham & Jaimie Howard, but I did not care for either one of them

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Jamie Howard was the best QB Auburn had back then.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Bert Jones, Tommy Hodson, Rohan Davey. And I agree that Bert Jones was way better.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe you might want to X out Josh Booty from this list and put in David Woodley. He was the Dolphins starting QB for a Super Bowl. Out of all the past great LSU QBs only Y.A. Tittle, Bert Jones and Woodley were able to elevate their games to the next level long enough to stick around for a few years. Only Tittle is in the Hall of Fame. Bert Jones had a few All Star years and Woodley was good enough to start until Dan Marino came along.
    I believe that Rohan Davey has the talent to become a very good Pro QB. The consensus of this thread is that most of you think that Bert Jones, Tommy Hodson and Rohan Davey are the top 3. Tittle played in a different era. Both Jones and Davey played behind decent offensive lines. Hodson played behind a great one with Eric Andlosek and Nacho Albergamo. Bert had his cousin Andy Hamilton as his best receiver. Hodson had Wendell Davis and Rohan had Josh Reed, Clayton and Jerel Myers along with tight end Robert Royal. Jones threw 15 to 20 passes a game. Hodson threw 20 to 35. Davey threw 25 to 50. If all things were equal with all of them protected by the same O Line with the same receivers and same running game and assuming that the teams defenses were equal and got all of them the ball in an average of good field position to start a possessiom would be the best?