Best QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Jul 18, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

You stole my choice!!!

:D

In fairness to Booty, it was his recommendation to DiNardo that put Reed at WR. Otherwise he would have gone through his years at LSU as a 3rd-string RB. Booty did contribute...just not on the field!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You gotta give Booty that but his decision making in the ill advised interception against UAB and his attempt to run for the winning score against Alabama when he had 3 receivers wide open leave a lot to be desired.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

As I said..."just not on the field" :D

4. Auburn Tiger

Auburn Tiger Founding Member

He sure was :)

My pick would be Tommy Hodson. He was awesome for you guys in the late 80's.

5. Tommy Hodson and RO

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Herb Tyler--2nd winningest QB in school history. Amazing "double threat" ability....one of the key players that aided in rebuilding the program and helping LSU football return to glory.

7. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

I'd have to vote for Bert Jones. There wasn't much passing back then, so his stats aren't eye-popping, but he could everything well. Too bad he never played on a pass-oriented team.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Herb Tyler won his games despite the Dinardo handicap. He may have won the Heisman with an average offensive game plan. He must have set a record, throwing those long third down passes out of bounds.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bert Jones became a star even though he had to split time with Paul Lyons at QB. Cholly Mac always played two quarterbacks after a QB injury cost him a season once when the inexperienced backup couldn't hack it (Nick can relate, I expect the #2 QB to get more playing time this year).

Jones, Ensminger, and Woodley would have all had better stats if they hadn't had to split time with another QB.

10. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Doesn't ANYONE remember Mike Miley???? Had he stuck around instead of playing baseball,he would've EASILY made this list.Do you think the '74 team would've gone 5-5-1 if he were the qb? Anyhow,I have a 6-way tie for first: Bert Jones,Rohan Davey,Tommy Hodson,Mike Miley,Herb Tyler and Alan Risher.Woodley,Ensminger and Guidry were also good qb's for that matter.