Best QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Jul 18, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Jaime Howard

Not saying that Howard deserves to be on the list but everyone forgets that he beat #3 ranked Auburn in his senior year. He was carried off the field after the win and protected the ball well in a low scoring game. Without that victory, LSU may not have built the momentum to enjoy a few winning years. Hell, the Florida win may not happen if the Howard-led Tigers don't beat Auburn in 1995. The OC also contributed to his INT game a good bit in 1994.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'll say this for Howard, he has big brass balls. After the disaster of his junior year, he got more criticism from the press and fans than any player I've ever seen. Most would have packed it in, but Howard came back for another season, blew off the booing, and turned in a pretty good year.

He might not make the top quarterback list, but he's a man, and an LSU fan who stuck by his school.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's exactly the problem with Mike Miley, he didn't stick around. What he MIGHT have done doesn't mean a damn thing in this poll. In fact many blame Miley specifically for the disappointing '74 season.

Charley Mac changed the LSU offense from the successful "I" to the Veer after the '73 season specifically to take advantage of Miley's double-threat talent. When Miley unexpectedly left for pro baseball the summer before the '74 season, Charlie Mac was left with a new offense and no QB's capable of running it. LSU suffered because of Mileys decision to dump football at the last minute. He sure put in a fine season in '73, (my freshman year!) but he doesn't make the list in my book.

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I am with you 100%. I would love to have Howard behind this year's offensive line. I think that he was better than anything that we have right now (I haven't seen the freshman yet). I will always be a Howard fan. Now is he the best LSU has seen... no, that would be Hodson.

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

Bert Jones. That was an easy one.

Hodson, Davey were great too, but not the player Jones was. Jones was the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Woodley was agood pro player. he definitely turned it up a notch as a pro. By for college, I still put Booty ahead of Woodley. Tough call though Ensminger & Woodley threw TD's to Carlos Carson against Rice in '77.