Best returning RBs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, Aug 12, 2004.

1. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

read this list by this tool from espn
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview04/news/story?id=1857140.....................
    Has he never hear of justin vincent or cadillac williams?? seriously this guy has to be either retarted or from somewhere where they has no respect for the sec.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angryfire :angryfire

2. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

well no Justin Vincent doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately. LSU never gets any love.

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

its because they didnt finish the season averaging over 108 yards a game....like the last guy in line.

Justin Vincent had a great average in the games he started, but they also counted the games at the beginning of the season where he only got a few carries and not many yards.

there is no disrespect there....he just listed the running backs with the top rushing average/carries per game.

4. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

You Got That Wrong

I don't think he's saying these guys are the best returning runners, he's just listing the top ball carriers by average yards per game.

The guy I'm tired of hearing about is Reggie Bush. He was nowhere near Justin's totals but I've read some things talking about what a game-breaker he is.

Whatever. Let's get this season started!!!!!

GEAUX TIGAHS!!!!

5. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I agree with Reggie Bush

I've heard Bush mentioned for the Heisman. The guy has a total of 531 yards rushing, ZERO 100-yard games, and only 5 50+ yard games out of the 13 he played in.

I've got as many 100 yards performances as Bush.

6. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

reggie bush is faster than vincent. thats it. vincent has more power, better instinct, better views of the field. espn is only hyped on the guy becuz he is "fast" who gives a .... if a guy cant find a hole to run through or run over a defender he isnt goiing to get no where. im just glad reggie bush is not on the list.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

mike, not to take ANYTHING away from JV, but you're severely mischaracterizing the skills and prowess of Reggie Bush. Just because he's from the Pac-10 doesn't make him any less of an athletic threat. There's not a single school in the nation that wouldn't bend over to get Bush :rofl:

8. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

He's probably the best return man in the country too.

9. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Reply to CadillacAttack

There are dozens of guys who have 'potential.' What we're saying is the guy didn't do it on the field. LSU was loaded, as was Auburn, last season at tailback, but JV, like the Caddy, got his yards despite sharing duties in the backfield. Bush didn't do squat. That's all we're saying.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Reggie Bush is the real deal. he averaged almost 6 yards a carry and he didnt do anything? cmon man, he barely got playing time. dude will light it up this year.