Best returning RBs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, Aug 12, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he's a lot faster than dalton and finds the open hole as quick as anyone. He was a freshman....I think he is already a lot stronger than last year from all reports.

not so fast, my friend....all i can say is the dude has a lot more skillz than the stopwatch can tell ya and don't think he wasnt going against plenty of pro draftees last year from OU to UGA to many others. those were the top defenses in the country and he was just learning.

the sky is the limit for this kid....he has something special in case you were in hibernation all last year....

but i guess I can sit here and say any player wont be GREAT in the nfl. 99.9% wont be.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I never thought I would say this but I need a forum option to be able to hide the avatars of specific users, such as Tirk's current man on commode on porch avatar...

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

HOLD ON there my friend!! I would block a whole lot more Avatar's before I block out our forum's hero. Let Tirk be he does just fine. :thumb:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you're right. its easy to say someone won't be a nfl star, but i brought it up just to explain why i think people are so high on bush and not vincent. my post wasnt really meant as a critique of vincent---i'm very pleased with him.

his potential is limited by lack of speed, and while he should become stronger, he wont get faster.

5. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

justin's potential is not limited hes 21 years old and seems to get better every year. he has all the potential to be a good nfl back.. great vison.. hits the holes quickly has good hands. very good moves.. now if thats not good enough then i dont kno what is.. he has actually good speed.. 87 yard run against georgia and a couple of other long runs.. if u would go back and watch his games.. everyone would see that his moves are very nice and has great vision he may not have 4.4 speed but most of the nfl running backs dont either.. 4.5 is the average ne ways.. its not all about speed.. its about wether u can make the plays or not and he can make the plays simple as that

6. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

as far as bush he has great speed.. and he dosent really impress me running.. he has a few tools as justin has every tool to be a complete back.. a lot of people could of made the plays he made against v tech.. i mean hes a 4.3 guy on a lot slower guys

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

vincent definately has limited potential because he will not get faster!! i don't think it impresses scouts much when you get run down in about 25 yards when you had a 5 yard lead. i know derrick strait is fast, but justin lost that lead fast.

i like justin. he holds on to the ball. he hits the correct hole and he hits it hard. he makes great cuts, too. he also seemed to pick up blocks well last year for a freshman. but face it, faulk was a great college rb and he's just a role player in the nfl. if vincent becomes a great pro back he must become strong enough to run between the tackles 30 times a game. he won't make it as a scat back because he's not fast enough.

do you think he is as strong as dd? i think that is vincent's upper potential.

8. Mudvayne

Mudvayne Founding Member

Hey man, u cant say Vicent cant get faster. Ive known plenty of people who have improved speed with the correct training. Just changing the way you run can make a dramatic difference. But with correct coaching and training(which we have). I can see Vincent getting stronger and faster.

9. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

gumborue do u realize he is 21 and he can improve his speed. he is not at his peak... so why are u sayin he cant get faster.. all it takes is work.. and for one he got ran down by strait because he kept lookin back.. he has the speed ne ways to be a nfl back.. u dont see to many blazers do u.. like i said most nfl rbs run a 4.5.. and vincent is a lot bigger then faulk and honestly at this point he is better then faulk was at this time.. look bottom line i dont see why ur sayin he has no potential... he is a gifted player with all the tools to be a great rb.. its not all about speed.. just think every rb is not a blazer in the pros.. emmit smith.. priest holmes.. there are a lot of people that arent that fast.. but they get the job done and so can vincent and he can for sure improve on his speed.. look put it this way if he gets below 1000 yards this season then ill agree with u .. but he has the potential to put 2000 yards in the stat book if he was the main man but hes not soo he will have anywhere from 1200 to 1400 yards with 15 tds unless he gets hurt.. so if he dosent get over 1000 u are right he dosent have the potential

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im glad you werent emmitts scout since he was way slower than JV. He woulda never made your team.