Best seafood restaurants in BR?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TigerNtz, Mar 3, 2006.

1. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

self-explanatory really.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

My favorite place to go to in the area is a place called Kevin's. It used to be out near Head of Island (well past French Settlement across the amite). It has now been relocated into a fancy place near a new development on the Diversion Canal off La. Hwy 22.

Been going to the old location for years, such great food and always large serving sizes. We went there last week. It was really odd to go to the new location. Really nice compared to the old place. The food was still as great as ever though!

Anyone else ever been there?

> Directions <

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

That development looks really, really nice! I'll have to send the link to Master P so he can buy a few houses. :hihi:

4. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I drove on 22 after the storm to bypass the checkpoints, and it was a beautiful drive! I want to check that place out, I love "best kept secrets."

Hey, anyone know any good places in St. Francisville? I've been touring the area lately, and would like to know a few good places.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Magnolia Cafe on the right after you pass "downtown" is good. Good soups and sandwiches. Right down the street from there is a good seafood place but I can't remember the name. Right down the street from the St. Francisville Inn if you know where that is. We love going to St. Francisville about every 6 months for a weekend. Last weekend would have been perfect.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

If you want fried stuff and cajun food, Brunet's is good. Not high class or anything but a bunch of food. On Flannery. We go there every few months just to pig out.

We like Louisiana Lagniappe too. Good stuff........great softshell crab.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Still like going to Mike Andersons

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mike Andersons's is still where I take out-of-town guests. The seafood platter is impressive.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

My family used to go eat there when we lived in Monticello. Mid-80's.... I was like 5.

It'd take me more than 20 minutes to get out there now. It isn't in that great of an area either...

10. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You're right.........not in the best location. Need to get there early or wear a vest.