Best seafood restaurants in BR?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TigerNtz, Mar 3, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't put Parrains on the "A" list for seafood in this town. I've had some very good meals there, but the quality is inconsistent and I have been disappointed more than once by incorrect orders and very long waits for the food. Service was good but they have less success in the kitchen, in my humble opinion.

Still, it's close to my house and I eat there. The "B" list is pretty damn good in this town.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Brunet's definately gets my vote.

3. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Not sure, maybe somebody can fill us in here.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Been there twice this year and everything looks the same to me. Any damage must have been minor.

Nothing like boiled crabs for an appetizer, followed by thincut fried catfish. And lots of cold beer!

5. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Their biggest problem has been staffing. I was there on Good Friday. They had both restaraunts open, with the one on the left hand side (which is the one I was in) only serving on one side of the dining room. But the bar was open, so I had no complaints.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Is Ralph and K's the best place to get seafood around The Mall of Louisiana or is there a better place close by? My lil girl loves crawfish and I told her we'd find some. My wife likes shrimp boiled or fried.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can't get any closer than Ralph's to your hotel and it is still a good place to eat, especially if you have a big party on game day. They really know how to move a large crowd through with short waits from the kitchen.

It's not quite as good as when the original owners ran it back at the old place on False River. Picadilly owns it now and have made a chain out of it, but Picadilly knows a lot about food and it has NOT degenerated into a second-rate place. You'll enjoy it . . . beats the hell out of north Mississippi catfish houses!