Best stadium seating

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sauer, May 16, 2004.

1. Sauer

Sauer Freshman

Well it looks like I will be going to the September 4th show down. I think tickets go on sale in august? I will have to buy tickets from LSU website. My chances of getting them from OSU is very slim. If anyone can let me know where good seating would be for an OSU visitor. Prefurably in a location where I can see game well. And also probably not by student section. It probably gets intense and I really dont want to deal with any asshats. Id like to enjoy the game. I do realize no matter where I sit I probably have a chance of finding an asshat.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Sounds like you been having some Aubbies on your board. Don't show up like a........................asshat, chances are you won't find any.

http://www.lsusports.net/fb/fbmap/fbimgmap.htm

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I guess I'm one of those "asshat" students, huh? The whole stadium gets intense by the way, this isn't the Pac-10.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

good luck getting a good seat. some visiting fans sit in the south endzone lower deck, but most are up in the upper decks.

my advice to you is to get there early (at least 5-6 hours before the game). Walk around, meet some Tiger fans, tailgate, drink, have a tough skin when it comes to Tigah Bait chants, and have fun. See the band walk down Victory Hill, and stay after the game when the Tiger fans celebrate another victory Louisiana style. If you really want to get on people's good side say "Geaux to hell Ole Miss!"

Do all that, and you will have the time of your life. Might transform you to a Tiger fan like Col Reb.
    :lsug: :eek:ldskule: :lsup: :thumb:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Visitors sections are the south endzone, the east upper deck and a few rows right behing the visitors bench so I would suggest you try there first. Most of the visitors that get spread out end up somewhere on the side of the south endzone so you may see a friendly face in that area as well. There will be a few jerks like at every stadium but if you talk friendly football and not too much trash you will find most fans very friendly. Show up early and visit a few tailgates and talk football with the fans and you will probably be offered food and a beer or two. Please don't get your feelings hurt if someone shouts Tiger Bait at you in a non threatening manor. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs:

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That is the absolute best advice I have ever heard given to an opposing fan bar none!!!!! Pass a few tailgates and shout got to hell ole miss and you should get many invitations to a very very good time. GOOOOOOOD advice there mesquite! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The TIGERBAIT chant is a good-natured taunt. It is not a threat, we don't actually feed people to the tiger. It is supposed to annoy you, like the Tennessee band playing Rocky Top 600 times a game. It's not supposed to frighten you. It's just that Auburn has some real weenie fans that think their life is in danger when they hear it. Sad, huh?

Now, there are always a few people with an alcohol problem outside the stadium on gameday. If some drunk gets in your face, then deck him and call the cops. That's what we do. If you 're an asshat yourself, and are looking to talk trash and rumble, . . .well, you're going to lose. We have some folks that we have to lock up in the shed in the off season.

But if people shout "Tiger Bait" at you about 600 times, the proper thing to do is smile, shout a counter-taunt, and repeat when neccessary. Bama and Arkansas fans are great. They just respond with "Roll Tide" or "Whooo Pig" and enjoy gameday. Auburn fans tend to be insulted, fear death, and cry about it.

Come to have a good time and you will. We eat good here. You won't forget the experience. Try this link for some opinions on gameday in Tiger Stadium:

Tiger Stadium Quotes

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Spring for lower bowl tickets if you can get 'em.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Is OSU really going to bring that many people? I thought the OSU fans would travel well for this game, but I wasn't sure that they would sell their entire allotment. If they do, that will be awesome. Be sure to check around locally to see if there are any charter trips being put together in your area. You might be able to get in with a group, and get decent travel rates, too.

As stated above, go for lower bowl tickets if available. There are likely going to be singles and some (rare) pairs in the lower bowl. If you go upper deck, try to get East Upper tickets. That way you will be able to hear the LSU band very clearly. They can be very entertaining (and they don't play the same song 600 times in one game).

Keep in mind, the students sit in the NW corner, between the 25 and about half-way through the North endzone. Just to repeat, visitor tickets are in the lower Southeast Endzone (the largest block of visitor tickets are located here), East side behind the visitor bench (maybe the first 4-8 rows?), and the tops of the upper decks. This might help you as far as where you might choose to sit.

Follow the advice you were given about roaming around and meeting people during the gameday events, and have a great time. Remember, there are assclowns everywhere, but most of the people you will meet are fine individuals who will welcome you into their tailgate party.