Best statement!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Sep 28, 2003.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You'll have to excuse me for not recalling the anouncers name, but in the game tonight, one of the commontators mentioned Saban's recent mentioning of becoming an NFL head coach--and he stated that he asked Saban the same question and got this answer:

Saban: "I don't know who keeps saying that and where they keep getting it from....Just because I was an assistant coach in the NFL?"

The announcer continued in saying: "Saban likes it where he is--loves working with young players--loves make a difference." ..."Also, money is not an issue like it was up until 5 years ago--Major colleges will provide the same pay as an NFL team."

Made my evening!

Made a lot of sense (the explanation by the announcer)...I mean, here's a coach that has dedicated to making LSU into a national power. We're moving forward in giving the program the things that he (Saban) has asked for--improved fascilities, etc. and he's got a fan base that, as we all know, is 2nd to none!

He's got a contract that gives him just as much as an NFL team would. Doesn't have to deal with piss-a$$ed attitudes of NFL players--or their garbage. Has the entire spirit of a school, city, state and fanbase that embraces him more so than the president!

The guy could run for governor in Louisiana and probably win in a land-slide!

:geaux:

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

The only thing IMO he has to gain in the NFL is more prestige and attention really. The money is no different. Plus he couldn't rip NFL players as much as he does college players. He would really miss that.

3. Swamper

Swamper Freshman

Bill Curry was the announcer who said that

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Thanks, Swamper

5. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

I think one of the big things that may keep him here is that he can stay at LSU as long as he wants and keep doing what he is doing. In the NFL your probably not gonna get more than 5 years with one team before the salary cap takes you apart and the team fires you to keep the fans happy.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I dont beleive in the NFL you get near the loyalty that you do in college. I would also think there would be great satisfaction in being a mentor-type to a lot of these kids too.

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Changing the subject a bit, did you notice that if you did not know the score of the game, looking at Jackie & Nick, you would think LSU was losing and MSU winning. Wow! Saban is coaching until the last play. Does he set the example or what?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Saban knows to play hard until the end because we saw what happened to Bama today. A 31-10 lead should be a comfortable lead going into the late 3rd Quarter but you can't let up.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why would Saban want to go from being a football coach making almost $2,000,000 a year who has the respect and admiration of almost everbody in the state to a politician making whatever the governor makes before kickbacks who at least half of the people in the state would be calling for his head after two years in office. No matter what a governor does he will piss off at least half of the people but all a football coach has to do is win and everybody loves him.

10. rania

rania Founding Member

Saban vs Sherrill part 2

Could any of you even image Nick getting interviewed on the sidelines while the game was going on?