Best things to take from the Pats game

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Aug 14, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Saints FINALLY have a real legit backup to Drew Brees - Patrick Ramsey....he looked really smooth out there when given the time in the pocket. I am excited we have finally taken care of this problem.
    2. Jonathan Casillas - secured himself a starting spot (see my other thread) by his excellent play Thursday night.
    3. Junior Galette - the announcer even said "this guy has been unblockable all week". It remained that way during the game as he constantly blew past the right tackle for the Pats. And he nearly ran down that wideout for the Pats late in the 4th. A DE with wideout speed? good grief.
    4. Charles Brown - looks solid as a backup LT. That's a good thing.
    5. Damario Pressley - really looked impressive at DT, a spot that we are weak at this point.

Adrian Arrington looked great but it will be hard for him to make this team since he is not a special teams contributor. He'll be fighting for a spot on the team with the likes of Roby or Rod Harper. Those guys are solid special teamers. Arrington would have to dominate at WR all preseason long in order to make the team. Meachem's lingering toe injury may make room for a 6th WR on this team. If that is the case, then I can see Arrington making it.