Best True Freshman Campaign........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 14, 2011.

1. gladishh95

gladishh95 Veteran Member

Probably so....I know this is off subject but what do u think about our linebackers next year???

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

no doubt...but the others are at a disadvantage in the dedate. Tyrann's season is still fresh on our minds. i know i was saying the same types of things during all of the above's freshman seasons.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And we aren't even including all of the linemen that started as true freshmen like Williams, Whitworth, Big Ben, Spears, etc.

It's so hard to vindicate a lineman's worth due to lack of stats but we've had some great ones. And I bet Casanova would have been a starter and maybe even an All American if could have played as a true freshman.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

it's "know"

not "no"

5. gladishh95

gladishh95 Veteran Member

I know that ok, just leave me alone if u have a problem with my replys just dont read them then.I mean all im doing is getting use to the site so back off please.

6. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Dalton Hilliard had 901 yards on 193 carries for a 4.66yds/carry average leading the 82 Tigers to the Orange Bowl. His impact was huge in giving the Tigers a balanced attack with Alan Risher's passing.

Kevin Faulk was critical to the resurgance of LSU. His signing sent a message that the top players in the state needed to stay home. This set up a repair of the poor recruiting under Archer and Hallman.

I would put both of these above Matthieu, since neither the 82 or 95 teams would be likely to make a bowl without Hilliard or Faulk.

Matthieu is as entertaining to watch as either of them, though.

GEAUX TIGERS

7. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i'm a 55 year old life long lsu fan and i would have no problem with a poll voting him the best. he's made a hell of an impression this first year. and to think, at one time fairly late last year few people knew who he was and rivals didn't have him rate highly.
    he will make losing pp7 a lot easier to handle. to be honest, did pp7 have as good a year in the defensive backfield? if he stays healthy and continues to improve no team will want to run OR pass to his side of the field.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Tyrannasaurus' biggest impact was when he was sent on search and destroy missions on opposing qb's. I am looking for him to knock quite a few of them out of the game once he gets a couple of years in the lsu weight room. Tyrann is our next pp7 and will be a freaking beast by the time he becomes a junior. Think how hard he will be able to hit once he gets some more weight on him and gets stronger. I love to see him blitz from a qb's blind side. He will plant a few of them next season. I can't wait.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Dude, you're doin fine. Some are just ribbin ya to thicken up your skin for when real heat comes. Keep goin you've added a new voice to the board. Always a good thing.

Ya also gotta take into consideration Izzy still made because we finished 11-2 behind a horrible offense, kept Miles by giving him some job security, and got rid of GC. All things that he didn't think would happen. J/K Izzy.

10. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Justin Vincent without a doubt...Helped lead us to a BCS NC and was the MVP of the BCS NC in '03 if memory serves me correct as a freshman. I know he did little after that, but we got the...

:crystal: