Best WR in Texas likes LSU & OU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by ramah, Jul 2, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Longview, Texas prospect Malcolm Kelly (6-4, 203, 4.5) is the hottest wide receiver recruit in the state of Texas and one of the best in the nation.

Kelly, who has taken unofficial visits to Texas and LSU over the last month, talks below about his latest trip visit last weekend to Norman to watch Oklahoma's Spring football game.

“I liked it a whole lot before I went up there, but now that I have visited I even like it more," said Kelly. "It was a whole lot better than any of the other unofficial visits I have been on. I really liked Coach Stoops. I really liked him a whole lot.”

So who stands where after the visit to Norman?

“Right now I probably like OU and LSU the best," Kelly said. "I really like all three schools, but I think OU and LSU have an offense that fits me best, and I really like the campus at both schools. "The other school that I used to talk about that I am not mentioning anymore is USC. That school is really too far for my parents to come and see me play. My parents aren’t going to drive to Oregon and California all the time to see me play and that is another advantage for Oklahoma and LSU.”

School Interest Level Offer?
    LSU High Interest Yes None
    Oklahoma Med Interest Yes None

Coach's Comments:
    Longview head coach Pat Collins said, "Kelly's the 'real deal'. He's special. Big-Time. And, if he continues to improve he's going to be really special. Just a tremendous athlete. He's the next Roy Williams. He's a natural."

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

This guy doesn't wanna stay home and play for Mac?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Can you blame him ... the next Roy Williams may just end up being a Tiger

4. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

5 star recruit according to rivals.......w00t

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

well you see, Mac hasn't been able to use thesame tactics to recruit now that he has been there a while. At first he was able to say that they would be able to win championships in the years to come, well kids believed him. But now his track record shows, so he can't use that and if he does, then they will just laugh at him. Most kids would rather win a NC, or at least be on the winning end of the Red River shoot out! :grin: