Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 8, 2015.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

New mini series on AMC, like a 2 show mini series. Starts tonight after the walking dead. For all of the breaking bad fans out there, this is a spin off from that show. A lot of the same characters and almost everyone who was behind the scenes from breaking bad...production, location, catering....everyone.

I liked Saul in the BB series, he came to be a pretty important character with a comedic relief in areas where the show needed it. I am just not sure how this is going to work as a spin off. Will this bastardize what was what I consider, the greatest hour created for cable, ever? Dunno. I am going to keep an open mind and pray this show has it's own merit and becomes something worth watching. AMC had produced some phenomenal series but they have tried a few duds as well. They are quick to let the duds go so.....

Tonight at 10, 9 central:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

trust the writers and production. seems like a silly premise but being its a prequel and with the same people in charge, this ones going to be a winner. its like trusting belichick to win his division with new faces. saul (Odenkirk) used to be a sketch writer for SNL alongside robert smigel and conan. he also starred in a few skits. heard him in an interview last week by chance.

i think he said they beat the hell out of him physically in this show. probably gets his ass kicked a lot.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Been looking forward to this.

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

It's not a mini series, there will be 10 episodes in the first season. Technically it's a spin off, but will focus mostly on fringe characters from BB and original ones, and provide some backstory for the characters who were bit players that you knew little about.

I liked the first part so far. Great potential. Vince Gillian co-wrote and directed the first episode.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Wow, broke the record for biggest series premiere in cable history. Whatever that means. Guess when you tease with Tuco and Mike sightings, gotta expect a bunch of junkies feenin over some BB. Liked uno, back for more...

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is that some of that hip California lingo?

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

check tirk's comment about it being a prequel

8. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

I was dissapointed!