Better Red than dead

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again, you are not understanding. I have no problem with PPE.

I have a problem with government making me do something that isn’t backed by science that affects my public lifestyle. That isn’t freedom.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Speeding, running red lights and drunk driving have nothing to do with science either. Yet on the instance of masks you demand absolute scientific proof. Wearing a mask may not have absolute scientific evidence backing their effectiveness but common sense should tell you there is some value.

What you say is impinging on your rights is impinging on the rights of others to not become infected by your silly stance.

I carry a mask in my truck. I put it on before I go in a store and take it off as soon as I leave. So I wear a mask for 10 minutes or so every 2 or 3 days. No big deal. It may not protect me but it does play some part in protecting others, scientific or not. Who is protecting other people from you?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am not sure why you keep trying to use the false equivalency of a regulation on automobile use vs the free roaming of a free citizen.

Further, you have provided zero evidence to support me wearing a mask protects you or anyone.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They are not false equivalencies. They are laws preventing you from being a danger to others. Violate them enough and you lose your right to drive. You seem to have no problem with that infringement on your right to speed and drive drunk.

The burden of evidence is not on me but on you. If I am right some people who would have caught the virus won't. If you are wrong many more people will suffer. Instead of demanding absolute scientific proof you should be making common sense decisions.

COTiger likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually, there was/is science and evidence used for local driving laws and federal regulations.

Again, the government cannot compel me to drive anymore than they can compel me to wear a mask in public.

YOU are the one who said masks protect others without evidence. I provided a recent study on mask with regards to COVID. You ignored it.

You do not make good arguments.

You are trying to lump any law as justification or all laws. That is stupid.

We get it, you can’t function without your safe space provided by the government.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Constitutionally, if women are allowed to kill over 350,000 babies a year i am 100% confident the government can’t make me do something with my own body.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The government doesn't make you drive. It lets you drive. There is no law in Texas that says you have to wear a mask and your citation of science that is thus far inconclusive and you have shown nothing that proves that masks don't work is extremely short cited shows nothing except you will grasp at anything you can interpret in your mind as reinforcing your prejudices you throw out as fact.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Stinking Facemask.jpg

Bengal B likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If the study didn’t find that masks help then you can’t disprove that God is real.

Great logic bud.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not trying to. Ask your doctor if masks help in prevention. @dachsie is in some kind of medical field and deals with the covid victims. She says masks help. She knows more about it than either one of us.