Better Red than dead

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It wasn't a dumb quote the way Ben Franklin said it. It's dumb the way pride uses it to justify exposing everybody he comes in contact with. Extend that to any law he doesn't like. "Nobody can tell me I can't run that red light."

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are giving up your freedom in support of an object that neither protects you or others.

When you have science backed solution, we can chat.

el005639 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It doesn't protect me. Only a surgical mask would do that. It protects the people you come in contact with. How do you know you haven't already murdered that nice old lady who was in front of you at the grocery checkout line?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It doesn't even protect them.

Everything you touch must be disinfected if you want to protect others. There are no clear studies on masks unless they are seal tight. In fact the recent one out of South Korea shows they dont help.

Which is the problem. It is just a feel good measure...

el005639 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't know that. You are only saying it to justify your argument. A mask won't protect you from getting accidental overspray on you arms or hands but it will block the coughs, sneezes and spittle of the mask wearer. I don't care if you risk your own life or not but you are selfish to risk exposing other people just to be contrary over something so trivial.

Again because maybe you are hard of hearing and didn't answer the first time. Do you think your rights are being violated by laws against speeding, running red lights and driving drunk?

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85814

"Median viral loads did not differ significantly when comparing coughing samples of COVID-19 patients without a mask, with a surgical mask, and with a cloth mask, suggesting these masks were ineffective at filtering SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, reported Sung-Han Kim, MD, of University of Ulsan College of Medicine in Seoul, South Korea, and colleagues."

"Whether face masks decrease transmission from asymptomatic individuals with COVID-19 or those who are not coughing needs further study, they added."

As I said, your assertion and the assertion of politicians is not grounded in settled science.

In fact, even the WHO says masks are inefficient on their own because the data is not clear.

You need a very specific mask to prevent the very fine droplets. I am willing to bet 99% of the people wearing mask do not have such a mask that has the level of filtering you speak of.

Also, why do you think the doctors wear eye protection?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is a strawman. You aren't even good at dressing your failed reasoning up.

I am not forced to operate a motor vehicle. Period.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now you're grasping as straws as well as evading the question. If you can't define the narrative to your liking you just ignore it and attack or change the subject.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No. You just dont understand the concept.

Further, YOU changed the subject. Not me. I also never attacked you.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I understand the concept that you are making a mountain out of a molehill. You rant about your rights being trampled by your refusal to follow a simple procedure that may not be as effective as would be infallible but would somewhat mitigate the possibility of harming people you have even incidental contact with.

Winston1 likes this.