BHelm, did JC Copeland play fullback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 18, 2010.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I have to admit I wasn't paying attention to the fullbacks on Saturday. So, I can't really comment on whether this is a good thing or not. It also depends on whether Ego ends up at DT.

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Because 275+ lbs. says so. Just like I have eyes and could see Jefferson had no ability to play QB, it was obvious. The same reason you don't put Jasper up on the DL.

I have a hard time believing he came here to play FB. I have no idea what is going on but to me it's a waste of the talent he does have, he just need time to build some more strength. IMHO

Hey, maybe he is all cool with it and has no desire to play the DL, who knows. All I know is he has shown he has some incredible ability playing the DL.

To me this is kind of a signal that they don't think he can play DT. If that is the case to me he would be an let go candidate after this season. Heck, if he is 275 now... he is going to be 290-300 by the time his junior year comes around.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

dude why are you wasting your time on message boards when you should obviously be coaching, or talent scouting somewhere?

1 person likes this.
  4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

why are you wasting your time on a mb when you should obviously be coaching or talent scouting somewhere? curious minds would love to know.

I just point out the obvious, you don't have to be a coach to point out the obvious.... just an eye or two and couple of brain cells.

I am sorry I am not a part of your ignore the obvious delusional horde. That seems to be your problem. Either way, there is a reason why there aren't many 275-300lb FB, just like there isn't many 150lb. DTs. The reasons should be obvious to all.

5. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I agree that at 275+ lbs, he will never be an every down FB. As you suggest, he will likely get heavier, and at that point we're talking goal line plays only.

I also agree that this could be a signal that he is pretty far down the depth chart at the D-Line positions. You mention that he's shown tremendous ability to play DL, but this was in High School. Maybe against our O-Line in practice, the coaches aren't seeing it.

Finally, he may have indicated to Les Miles a strong desire to play this year wherever he can help the team. In this case Miles is building depth at the Blocking FB position and also granting the kids wish to play early. If this is the case, I think it makes some sense. I just hope it works out well for all involved.

One more thought, David Pollack of Georgia was originally a Full Back. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.... :helmet:

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

FB are mainly used for blocking and he can do that and has the speed to get to the blocks. He actually came to LSU at 290 and dropped a little weight and even more when he started working at FB 3 weeks ago. If he can open up the holes it doesn't matter what he came here to play. We need help at FB now and he wants to help in any way he can.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't have anyone on an ignore list. but i am not pretending that i am a talent scout or coach either. You are saying he cannot be successful as a fullback and i am saying you have no clue if he can or cannot.

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

If those few downs help us go undefeated by opening up a hole that wouldn't have been there without him there, then I have no problem with burning his red shirt.

Also, if the kid wants to play and do anything for his team, sometimes you might see a spot for him.

I'd say we blew Shep's RS last year for the amount of touches he got, but the kid wanted to play and Miles let him.

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Just put Justin Bieber in on the DL, according to you nobody knows whether it will work out or not. I think I have a pretty good idea how that will work out, surely don't have to be an expert to figure that out.

You sure are pretending, when someone says something you don't like you get mad like you are the expert. No, it's your opinion which is fine, but it's fine for me to have my own.

Again, a complete waste of a RS year. IMO Oh pretty please put me on your ignore if I bother you that much that way you can stay in your delusional world without any need for reality.

10. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Dude are you at practice or in the locker room to know if he went to the coach and asked to play were ever he could help the team out? He was a HS fullback not just a DT/DE.