Bhelm Question

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TexasTigers, Jan 8, 2011.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hypothetical here but, after watching that video of Miles after the Cotton Bowl, I have changed my tune about him staying. I could be wrong (Wouldnt be the first time)

Anyway, IF (big if) Miles were to leave.
    What impact would that have on our recruiting class ?

I suspect it could risk it considerably.... IE implode it.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just too hard to answer without the other variables. Like will Frank Wilson and other staff members be retained? Some have said Frank will be here a long time with or without Miles. Another variable is who Miles' replacement would be and how soon the position was filled? Could Chavis be named interim Head Coach which would help the most in the recruiting aspect IMO.

Most of the in-state guys would likely remain on board either way. Others would wait and see who is hired and wait to get assurance if their recruiter/position coach will still be on staff. LSU would have new targets or may even just take less guys in this class which wouldn't be a horrible option.

The in-state guys are really close to each other and the current players. More than I have seen in other years so that would help us keep the core of this class intact IMO. We would also luck out this year since a majority of our class is filled with in-state guys unlike last year.

3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Good to know.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This is a serious question, slightly off topic.

How involved is Crowton in the recruiting process? How relevent is he to the offensive recruits.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Really not involved as much as the rest of the staff. Also tried to recruit the west coast without much success.