BHO empty bag of air

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No Red you read me wrong. Point is that if the Rs are so incompetent (and sadly they seem to be) then it is up to the Ds to set things right. You defended Barry's leadership, well his proposals even if enacted in full don't end the deficit for years and years. Sport tax hikes at their fullest are only a partial solution. Even Barry admitted that you can't tax the country out of the deficit. He supposedly advocates spending cuts as well, yet each time Rs offered to detail them after an amount was settled he rejected the amount. The way Barry negotiates it is poor strategy to give your details away till an amount is settled. Barry never accepted a specific amount of cuts or at least kept shifting the bar..

I am asking for your ideas or what you think the Ds FULL solution to the deficit issue is. You have never offered your solution but only bashed any suggestions from the conservative side. Well it is your turn. Are you smart enough and do you have enough balls to offer specifics? I promise I won't pull a Red and just bash them but will discuss and offer a counterpoint.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Thanks Tiger you made some valid points and I will follow up with my thoiughts after I see if Red has the balls to do as you have done.

gyver likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is no way in heaven or earth that the deficit can be "ended" in a few years. There is no republican plan or any other plan to do this. It cannot be done. It will take decades of reduction to reduce it to the point where it is not an issue. To imagine this is to be unrealistic and foolish.

Moreover the debt is not the biggest issue facing America. It's just the one that the GOP is hammering Obama on because they know it won't go away soon. Growing the economy and increasing jobs is far more important.

Is that your lame-ass reason for the GOP never detailing any specific cuts? That they expect Obama to blindly bless a number and then they would tell him what they would cut? The people know a pig in a poke when they see one and nobody buys this crap. The shameful republicans demand cuts but they know that the cuts will be unpopular and hurt re-election chances, so they decline to actually name any. They have no political balls at all.

What don't you ask the democrats for their ideas.

I offer my ideas on what I wish and when I wish to, not upon your stipulation. When the suggestions that you offer are that "Obama is a empty bag of wind" you are asking to be bashed.

You'd have to ask me a lot nicer than that, jackass.

Once again, like a Republican, you demand spending cuts yet won't even offer your own cuts. Now you demand that I offer some for you. You start a thread on spending cuts, offer your ideas, and I'll consider it.

4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Cut welfare budget %30 that = $135 billion. IRS budget also by %30. Cut health care budget by %25=$210 billion. Defense budget could be cut by %20 = $164 billion. and we should bring our troops home, we could place them on our own borders. And it should t take a $45000 missile to knock down a $1500 ricket. Cut SS by %20= $165 billion. Only those 65 + qualify and if you haven't paid into system for at least 25 years you don't qualify. No money to foreign countries until we get our house in order first. Cut government pensions by %25= $164 billion. That's over $838 billion right there.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Winston1 said:
    “No Red you read me wrong. Point is that if the Rs are so incompetent (and sadly they seem to be) then it is up to the Ds to set things right. You defended Barry's leadership, well his proposals even if enacted in full don't end the deficit for years and years.​
    There is no way in heaven or earth that the deficit can be "ended" in a few years. There is no republican plan or any other plan to do this. It cannot be done. It will take decades of reduction to reduce it to the point where it is not an issue. To imagine this is to be unrealistic and foolish.

Moreover the debt is not the biggest issue facing America. It's just the one that the GOP is hammering Obama on because they know it won't go away soon. Growing the economy and increasing jobs is far more important.
    No shit Red as I have said over & over and as the Rs have as well and your boy pays nothing but lip service to that.

Winston1 said:
    “Barry supposedly advocates spending cuts as well, yet each time Rs offered to detail them after an amount was settled he rejected the amount. The way Barry negotiates it is poor strategy to give your details away till an amount is settled. Barry never accepted a specific amount of cuts or at least kept shifting the bar.​
    Is that your lame-ass reason for the GOP never detailing any specific cuts? That they expect Obama to blindly bless a number and then they would tell him what they would cut? The people know a pig in a poke when they see one and nobody buys this crap. The shameful republicans demand cuts but they know that the cuts will be unpopular and hurt re-election chances, so they decline to actually name any. They have no political balls at all.
    See that is one of your and Barry's problems you are too busy saying the other guy did it to do anything. Barry continues in petty campaign mode and you lick his boot by doing the same and trashing every conservative argument rather than offering anything positive. Barry needs to grow up and lead because right now he is proving my point that he is an emnpty bag of air.

Winston1 said:
    “I am asking for your ideas or what you think the Ds FULL solution to the deficit issue is.​
    What don't you ask the democrats for their ideas. What are you saying here the comment makes no sense.

Winston1 said:
    “You have never offered your solution but only bashed any suggestions from the conservative side. Well it is your turn.​
    I offer my ideas on what I wish and when I wish to, not upon your stipulation. When the suggestions that you offer are that "Obama is a empty bag of wind" you are asking to be bashed.
    Again this is your and Barrys standard play atack the other while refusing to offer anything. Barry is the F**ing president and supposed to be the leader of all yet he is seeing how much he can alienate and belittle the other side. Did you teach him that?
    Winston1 said:
    “Are you smart enough and do you have enough balls to offer specifics? I promise I won't pull a Red and just bash them but will discuss and offer a counterpoint.​
    You'd have to ask me a lot nicer than that, jackass. Just taking my cue in people skills from you Red.

Once again, like a Republican, you demand spending cuts yet won't even offer your own cuts. Now you demand that I offer some for you. You start a thread on spending cuts, offer your ideas, and I'll consider it. As I said I would listen to yours and respond not with snipes but with constructive comments. History has proven time and time again anytime the Rs offer something they are bashed and any agrement reached on "future cuts" are never kept. I am tired of playing the game unlike Charlie Brown I won't have the ball pulled up just before I kick it.
    -----

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One more thing Red you say I am defending the Rs....I'm not at all. Though I am generally conservative and for limited government (whatever the hell that means) I find they have closed their minds to real thought and have little positive to offer right now.

That's why it is incumbent on BHO to act the grown up. That he refuses to do is why I call him an empty bag of air.

gyver likes this.
  7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

8. red55

GDP is up and has been for three years. Employment is up and has been for three years. You bitch and bitch and credit Obama with nothing that happened under his watch. You have convinced yourself that Obama has done nothing even though it flies in the face of all evidence. YOU are the empty bag of wind, sir.

This is your response after I show that the GOP was being deceptive and dishonest? Get your head out of the sand.

You asked me to explain the democrats plan. I told you to go ask the democrats.

No, you and the GOP are the ones demanding spending cuts, but you have no friggin' idea what to cut. So instead you demand that I come up with spending cuts for you. How lame can you get?

And I replied that if you start a thread and actually offer the spending cuts that you envision, that I would do likewise. In fact, I have done so in the past, but it's probably before your arrival here. So stop complaining that all I do is "bash" republicans. But I will continue to bash stupid republican policies. It's a debate forum and you started this thread with a rude bashing of Obama and offered no "constructive criticism" at all. You fight your side and I'll fight mine. If you don't want to be "bashed" then don't post bashable material.

Cry me a river. History has "proved" no such thing. It is just tired political rhetoric. What happened to the cuts that Bush promised that never happened? Forgot that eh? This is no argument at all.

9. red55

I find this true at both extremes. Moderate voices get lost in the din.

How exactly has he not acted the "grown up". WTF does that mean anyway? What does he have to do to be grown-up? Adopt the entire Republican philosophy?

He running a moderate presidency as did Reagan, despite their party's rhetoric. The extreme left is as pissed at him as the extreme right is, but he is trying to be pragmatic and find happy mediums. The political atmosphere right now doesn't reward moderates, however. It is so polarized that each side thinks the other an "enemy" instead of political partners in fighting America's enemies and problems. Nothing but the emergence of a moderate third party will change this status quo, I fear.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The GOP produced a budget that cut 4 trillion dollars over the next ten years, and the House passed it. The Senate never voted no it, and Obama saide the cuts made by the Republican house were too extreme, and he campainged against them. The ball is in the Democrats court. If they won't address and counter the cuts proposed by the House we aren't going to get very far.