BHO empty bag of air

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What exactly are the cuts? Be specific.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If you are too lazy to look up easily searchable public records then that is your problem. The fact of the matter is the Republicans did propose a budget with sizeable (but not sizable enough) cuts, and the Democrats were not interested in debating it. They only decried it.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

where was this budget 8 years ago, when the deficit really started to grow?

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

GDP is up and has been for three years. Employment is up and has been for three years. You bitch and bitch and credit Obama with nothing that happened under his watch. You have convinced yourself that Obama has done nothing even though it flies in the face of all evidence. YOU are the empty bag of wind, sir.

You are wrong I gave him credit for the OBL operation. I also gave him props for supporting Bush's TARP efforts and Bernnake's effort. The government made a profit on the TARP and AIG bailout. I believe those are what set the economy back on the limited positive track it is on. I see the immediate result of the GM bailout & Chrysler sale to Fiat but believe the cost will be greater than if they had gone through expedited judicial bankruptcy. The deal short changed bond holders (retirement funds mostly) and gave power to the UAW. The support of Solyndra and others seem more like payoffs and political statements that stimulus.
    His stimulus had 75% distribution to funding state budgets and not enough to really provide the boost needed to restart business. He refused to do what Steve Jobs and Buffet and other told him to reduce regulation.
    Most of the recent improvement in the economy has been due to low natural gas price, the oil boom and other events outside of his control. That the recovery has been so weak for so long is another indictment of his handling.
    Winston1 said:
    See that is one of your and Barry's problems you are too busy saying the other guy did it to do anything. Barry continues in petty campaign mode and you lick his boot by doing the same and trashing every conservative argument rather than offering anything positive. Barry needs to grow up and lead because right now he is proving my point that he is an emnpty bag of air.
    This is your response after I show that the GOP was being deceptive and dishonest? Get your head out of the sand.

Red you can deny all you want but there is (and I have provided it many times) solid evidence of this. I believe you head is the one in the samd.

Winston1 said:
    What are you saying here the comment makes no sense.
    You asked me to explain the democrats plan. I told you to go ask the democrats.

You defend them so much and use all their talking points I figured you had the pipeline to the whitehouse.

Winston1 said:
    Again this is your and Barrys standard play atack the other while refusing to offer anything. Barry is the F**ing president and supposed to be the leader of all yet he is seeing how much he can alienate and belittle the other side. Did you teach him that?
    No, you and the GOP are the ones demanding spending cuts, but you have no friggin' idea what to cut. So instead you demand that I come up with spending cuts for you. How lame can you get?

Red you ignore the simple fact that President Obama is supposed to be the leader of the WHOLE COUNTRY. It is his responsibility as leader to rise above the pettiness and find a path. He offers no hope and no change just the Chicago politics he learned from the start. Again and again he has resorted to small swipes and snipes and every record published of the meetings between him and the Rs show he has been petty from the beginning. You deny the evidence and provide no support other than calling names. That doesn't work sir.
    You say it is up to the Rs to provide the cuts. The Rs have sent budgets to the senate time and time again with defined cuts. Harry Ried has not bothered to take them up. He allows no debate on bills and no amendments. There is no potential to reach compromise through normal legislation. The congressional Rs & Ds represent their districts more than anything else. They are also the focus of ideological extremes and at this time cannot provide the leadership needed.

Red this is a time for leader to take up the charge. Only a president can overcome these problems. President Obama has not done so and I don't think he has tried.
    Winston1 said:
    As I said I would listen to yours and respond not with snipes but with constructive comments.
    And I replied that if you start a thread and actually offer the spending cuts that you envision, that I would do likewise. In fact, I have done so in the past, but it's probably before your arrival here. So stop complaining that all I do is "bash" republicans. But I will continue to bash stupid republican policies. It's a debate forum and you started this thread with a rude bashing of Obama and offered no "constructive criticism" at all. You fight your side and I'll fight mine. If you don't want to be "bashed" then don't post bashable material.

Winston1 said:
    History has proven time and time again anytime the Rs offer something they are bashed and any agrement reached on "future cuts" are never kept. I am tired of playing the game unlike Charlie Brown I won't have the ball pulled up just before I kick it.
    Cry me a river. History has "proved" no such thing. It is just tired political rhetoric. What happened to the cuts that Bush promised that never happened? Forgot that eh? This is no argument at all.

Many cuts Bush promised were derailed after the 2006 election when the Ds took over congress. Did you forget that? You cry the river. What is the Ds favorite gambit the 3rd rail? The Ds have used social security as a weapon for 75 years. The tired rhetoric is the continous whine of the Ds. They have never seen a domestic spending program that could stand 1 cut without ruining the country.
    -----

[​IMG]

gyver likes this.
  5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

7. red55

I can't read this. You must learn how to use the quotes feature.

8. red55

Don't ever try to put words in my mouth. I speak quite clearly for myself.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Just making a prediction Red. There is a difference don't you know.

10. red55

I knew you couldn't name them.