Bias Announcers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigre Saoul, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Tigre Saoul

Tigre Saoul Freshman

IMO, ESPN, CBS, & JP always have bias announcers against LSU. Well at least when the game starts. After we start whipping the opposing teams a$$, they have a change of heart.

Can anyone think of an announcer that they feel is bias towards LSU consistently? Besides the radio announcers, of course.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Most of those guys have their favorites as we all do. The better of them are able to overcome, for the most part, their biases and present a reasonably fair account of the game. Then there are the idiots, Musberger comes to mind, who just don't seem to get it. I don't worry too much about them, particularly if I can get the game on the radio and they don't have that damned delay thing going.

BTW, if you wanna listen to some really funny gomers and homers radio, check out aggy and his network sometime. The homer announcer idea was concieved in Collie Station and they have crafted it into a fine art which others have been unable to duplicate. :hihi:

3. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

Let's not be so insecure....

The reason they are homers for others is because others have performed at a consistently high level, like 8-9-10 wins per year.

We were horrible BS(a new time designation meaning "Before Saban") but we are now in the AS time era(that means "after Saban") and respect will come with the "W's".

Time around Tiger Town will forever be referenced to BS or AS and everyone will know exactly what is meant. Modern era of course.

As the AS time era continues we will hear the FL, GA, TX, OK, UA, etc...fans moaning about how the announcers are LSU homers. It will happen, it has been spoken, so shall it be.

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Don't know that they are pro LSU but Ray Perkins and Tim Brando seem to be on the level. And Perkins loves Tiger Stadium.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

There are a few out there that are clearly bias towards certain teams. Trev Alberts is one of those tools that couldn't hide his bias if his life depended on it. For the most part though, I think that most fans consider announcers to be bias if they don't say what you want to hear about their respective team. The reality of it is that they aren't always gonna say what we wanna hear. The fans that are constantly complaining about announcers being bias, would probably come off the same way(in favor of their team) if they themselves were announcers.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This thread is just like the thread about the writers.

That is exactly right. An announcer could praise 21 of our 22 starters and than say something about the last guy not being too good and some fans think they are biased. I don't know how anyone could say Musberger is biased, he gushes over everybody and it's sickening. I thought he was going to ask Saban to marry him last January but he probably had mixed feelings because he was in love with Stoops too.