Bias in the Sports Media (Especially ESPN)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Apr 14, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I guess that's one way you could look at it. I thought I was vouching for a good visitor. All in fun either way though...beyotch.

I do think the OSU/USC matchup will be the most highly rated OOC game next year- not because anyone's expecting a blowout.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

[quote=lsutiga;771101]I guess that's one way you could look at it. I thought I was vouching for a good visitor. All in fun either way though...beyotch.

I do think the OSU/USC matchup will be the most highly rated OOC game next year- not because anyone's expecting a blowout.[/quote]

lol, i never said i was against it:hihi:

carry on

3. wpak

wpak Founding Member

Well its once again time for me to throw in my Bi-monthly $.02. If you haven't noticed in the past couple years that ESPN has become horribly scripted. I mean seriously, if it wasn't sports it would be some made for TV movie, and instead of reporting news (when they do try that now they usually get it wrong), its now pushing opinions, like the rest of the media nowadays, we as a public are unable to make our own opinions. So new ones will be supplied for us, I know ol Herbie messed up pretty bad(Les Miles to Michigan thing), thing is he's not going to get reprimanded at all for it, hell he probably got a raise. Do you ANY idea how many hits to the website that debacle got espn? Thats what its all about now isn't it? Hits=cash, then you get those forums and blogs they have now, they get ahold of it........ more hits. Then espn is like "hey chevy, we had 4 million people YESTERDAY fork over some more cash...... Ford called us earlier." I mean do you really think people like Stephan A Smith yelling at them at the top of his lungs? Who on this planet actually agrees with Skip Bayless? Hell John Kruk actually admitted one day when asked on a radio show "Be honest John, Do you really think the pirates are going to win their division, like you said on Baseball Tonight?"
    His reply, "Of course not, but last week I was told to say the Yankees would catch up and pass up the Red Sox in their division. I refused and they made me say the pirates would win theirs the next day".

Thus the reality of sports TV is just guys reading a script, yelling the top of their lungs and being hated by the general media. almost every show is the same now. Thats just my $.02 take it or leave, I'll be back in a couple months to run off the mouth with some more meaningless banter.

PS if you get the chance pick up "God Save the Fan" pretty good read

4. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

The media is biased against me. I mean, there is about 5 different local news channels all broadcasting at least 2 hours of news a day, and I have never been on them. Ridiculous... :po:

6. wpak

wpak Founding Member

Yeah me too man, me too

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

What is wrong with Steven A. Smith? He has great opinions and rarely goes over the top on anything he does. He stays away from conspiricy theorists and likes all things Philly. Its a good thing he came around right as Keith Jackson left and filled that tough role.

8. wpak

wpak Founding Member

sorry I'm just not a fan. His delivery makes me want to choke him

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

yeah me too. ;)

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

has he been cancelled? I download some podcasts to my phone and usually see his grill atop the page but no longer.

say it aint so.

1 person likes this.