Big Baby on TV

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Those defensive stops impressed me the most. He got out on the perimeter, moved his feet, and beat Howard to the spot. You could tell he wanted the challenge and stepped up to it. I like how he made some nice interior passes also.

I was telling my wife about Big Baby last night and she said, "I remember, the football player that was about 16 lbs when he was born." I realized then that we have Big Herman also. I guess he probably deserves the nickname "Big Baby" a little more than Glen Davis (assuming he was the bigger baby). Can we call Herman, "Bigger Baby" or "Biggest (recorded) Baby." Wasn't he the biggest recorded baby in state history?

3. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

lsu99--

Cheers for having a wife who knows LSU football recruits! In my 6 years of being married to my lovely wife I've managed to turn her into a hockey fan (Avalanche) and now an LSU fan. But to this point anyway, I have been unable to convince her that football is a year-round sport. How did you do it??

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My wife is definitely a "girly girl" who likes to attend sporting events but really doesn't follow the action much. She's usually more into the Pastime pizza, the band, people watching, and going see Mike. She tolerates my passion for sports and asks for lessons sometimes but her comprehension levels are very low. For instance, every year I give her the exact same quiz on the various positions in football and it's like we're starting from scratch. She always tries to label the WR's or CB's as "wingnuts" but I've probably made fun of her so many times that she won't make that mistake again.

As far as football being a year round sport, she hasn't allowed me to watch NFL Europe in the past because she said it isn't during football season, but I think I'll just add the Rohan clause this year to get around that rule.

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

True, but it is very risky for anyone who is not a sure bet first rounder to go out. It makes more financial sense for someone like Davis to develop and move up in the draft like Swift did. Swift would not have been a first rounder coming out of high school, and he made a great deal more by staying at LSU for 2 years, the same is true for Davis.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I don't think the kid is fat at all. He looks pretty solid to me. I have seen him play several times, and while he is not at an NBA level he should be a potential All-SEC guy as a frosh.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree with staying... just takes one agent/coach to convince him that he will be drafted hi and there goes that.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Matt Mauck is a former Lugnut. He played catcher for the Lansing Lugnuts before coming to LSU.