Big Baby should declare, Tyrus should return

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Apr 11, 2006.

1. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

I dont know why Brandon gets a bum wrap on this board...oh yeah cause he left LSU early. Im watching the Hornets right now and he's playing great. He's making his money and he's on his way to being a solid NBA player. The Hornets are talking really highly of him. Im in Oklahoma City right now and I met him yesterday and he's one of the nicest pro's I've met.

People act like you can't be in the NBA and develop your game. Bass is playing pro's in practice and practicing basketball constantly as his job where in college your a "student" first. I would have LOVED to see Bass on this past years LSU team but I dont think he made a terrible career move.

Basically I'm saying he's no sob story...For all you college students, if someone offered you $500,000 to go do what you want to do for a living for a year wouldn't you go? Your not at college to get an education your at college to raise your value in the job market. Thats what these guys are doing.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

So BB left early and then he came back and talked with the team this year
    and said that he should have stayed...

We don't hate BB and as far as I can tell he hasn't got a bum rap on this board - we hate the agents that promise these guys the moon
    (i.e. you're a lottery pick, if not then a first round pick FOR SURE)
    and then the kid is left in the lurch when it doesn't happen...

12 posts? Yeah, I guess you've done a lot of research here.... :dis:

3. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

Yeah only 12 posts but I've been a lurker here for a long while. Perhaps bum rap was a bad choice of words. It just seems as if he's the example of why not to jump all to often. Brandon Bass is an NBA talent but he is still young and has plenty of time to make something more of himself in the league. He's my favorite player ever at LSU and my favorite in the league.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I gotcha.

I don't begrudge these guys their right to make the big bucks.

After all, it IS the :usaflagwa way.

I'm just FED UP :po: with these agents dangling the $$$ in front of these young guys when it might not end up quite that way.

BB is the example why not to jump because he was "promised" that he would be a first-rounder, guaranteed big $$$.

It didn't end up that way and his comments to the team spoke of his frustration that it didn't happen the way he was told that it would be.

He himself is describing himself as an example.

I just happen to agree with him.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Oh, please! My comments were not a bum rap. I feel bad for Bass that he was promised so much, it what seems to me to be inflated promises. IMO, he could have developed MORE if he had stayed at LSU another year.

Oh, really?!? Well, if the Hornets are "talking highly" of him, it isn't much more than talk. Before and after every single game, I read the OKC paper looking for any mention of Bass playing. That I know of, he has only played in a few games, and even then, not that much PT. The Hornets are in a world of hurt right now with injuries and he still doesn't get playing time. No mention of him in the run down on who all played, no stats, no zip, nothing. :nope:

I read an article (don't remember what paper, found it in LSU News on the forum) about how Bass told Baby he regretted going pro. I have no doubt he is a nice guy. That has nothing to do with if he jumped too early.

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i just read on the advocate where tyrus and the coaches are suppose to meet sometime this weekend to discuss his intentions....so we should know what his decision is pretty soon.....

7. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

tyrus can get better... he can work on a jump shot... ball control.. things like that...

what's davis really going to get better at? He could afford to lose some more weight, but with next year's draft being deeper... he's not going to ever move up in the draft... he should go, this writer is correct

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think the writer makes a fair point. In terms of development, Tyrus has a long way to go & he won't be a particularly good rookie in the NBA next year. Where as Big Baby has his skills pretty much developed & has received some accolades the past 2 years plus this is a light draft.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

well i only have a few posts but i just found this forum and had been on tigersmack.com til they closed.next year might also one or two of the lopez twins who are going to stanford from fresno,CA who i played against in volleyball. they are not very coordinated but are surprisingly well built for their 7 0 frames. they were in the all-american game and were rated 4 and 17 by rivals.com. i wouldnt be surprised to see big baby stay till senior year. he is too short for center and even PF and cant move well enuf right now for small forward. he is a great center now but against 7 0ers and above he will likely have problems. tyrus will go in my opinion. he is the one who had soaring draft stock during the tourney. i saw his rookie salary could be 3.2 million(without signing bonus and other guaranteed money). its tough to turn that and a top 5 pick down. i will have no hard feelings for tyrus if he goes and i would do the same. i hope he does well and maybe even goes to OK city with BB, that would be nice. BB's "i should have stayed" comment could be about the only thing that keeps TT.