Big Basketball Game Tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 27, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Tomorrow the mens basketball team plays Florida at 8:00 P.M. in the PMAC. The game is on ESPN but I urge all Tiger Fans to go out to the game and support Brady Ball. You might not all like Brady and the way he coaches but still come out and pack the PMAC. School is back is session so I know the student section will packed but we need the other sections to be filled to the rafters. During the Arizona game Dick Vitall actually went out critized us because we only drew 9,000 for number 1 Arizona. How bad is that when Vitall calls you out because of poor attendence. Florida is ranked number 4 in the polls just out today. Go to the game and help cheer on the Tigers to their 3rd upset of top ranked teams.
    Geaux Tigers and beat the Gators !!!!!

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I'm sure Tuhoo will be one of the early

arrivals. He and "T" will want to be first in line to receive their John Brady bubble head dolls. Tuhoo was it your idea to give away the bubble head dolls as a promotion to get more fans in the arena? LOL

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

The golfing Bama fans with the Franchonie dolls just popped in my head.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Even though T and Tuwho aren't the biggest Brady fans:rolleyes:, atleast they still go to the games and I'm sure they cheer for the players giving effort. That's more than can be said for other people who don't go to games and then chime in about how bad the team is this year.

And Dick Vitale is an idiot whose claim to fame is talking loudly.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

MIKEY DEEEEEEE...BAYBEEEE...YOU'RE KILLING ME. I LOVE THE TIGER FANS....THEY'RE THE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE...I MEAN IT BAYBEEEE...LOVE 'EM...C'MON MIKEEEE...GIVE ME SOME LOVE BAYBEEEE.

6. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Florida tends to let opponents hang around a while. The last few minutes of the 1st half and the 1st few minutes of the 2nd half are big tonight. If the tigers are within 5 or 6 with 15:00 to go, it will go down to the wire. If Florida gets up by about 10 during that stretch, their freshman get real good and will poor it on and it could get very ugly.

If the players want to play tonight it should be close regardless of what Brady does. This season is turning into a question of whether the players want to play and listen to Brady at all. Much like the late days of Dinardo. When a demanding coach loses respect, it's over. Brady's antics of pouting and acting like he's gonna cry after every single missed shot, foul, turnover, etc... does not help in keeping respect of players or fans. Seems like he's doing that more than ever these last few games.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

One thing i've noticed about Fla is whether they are at home or on the road they play like they are at home. They show aboslutely zero effect from playing on an opponents court. Pretty impressive considering the amt of freshmen they play.

Forget the coaching, this team has been in position to win every game this season with the possible exception of Georgia and there is one common thread in all of them............if you put up bricks you can't win. yes, their defense has been suspect at times but they still create turnovers but can't get a damn point out of them. cold shooting spells have been this teams demise.

Last, please put Temple on the bench and let D Mitchell get the most minutes. I like Temple but he has digressed horribly over his playing career. No time to play favorites....if Brady wants to keep the village idiots happy and help secure his job (although i don't think he would be gone after this year regardless of what happens) he needs to make that move.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree. I love CTIII with his hustle and desire but he's just too slow. Put Mitchell in there.

And, speaking of "Temple", ever see the shenanigans, grimaces and machinations John Cheney goes through every game. Most people think he's a pretty good coach.

9. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Hub. Calling LSU fans village idiots for no reason? Is your LSU shirt tucked too far into your purple and gold biking shorts?

Cheney has been around forever, has won a lot of games, but has done absolutely nothing in postseason play. At least Brady has not swung at other coaches yet or played the race card. The onlt thing that Chaney has got going for him is that he looks like his team's mascot.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I can be objective......things not go the way the fans want and it's utter chaos. I think you meant coaching shorts. never seen any fans running around in weenie-bikini shorts....you know the ones you can see their pulse in their thigh. but too answer your question, i'm just a little hot b/c i've got my Starter jacket buttoned all the way up.

Never quite thought of it that way but he sure the hell does look like an owl.