Big Basketball Game Tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 27, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wait. Now I'm confused. My Chaney reference was to rebut your complaint about Brady's "antics". Now, in order to criticize Chaney, you appear to be defending Brady ("At least Brady has not swung at other coaches yet or played the race card"). I think your problem is not with coaching abilities. It's all about appearances.

2. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Coaching is both. Cheney never goes to the final 4 and he makes an ass of himself in the process. I talked about both if you didn't notice that part. Brady makes himself look like an ass and can't coach either. If Brady could coach, he wouldn't have gone to a high school practice his 1st year, take notes, then make lsu run a high school offense, and run the same practice drills.

You've seen me talk plenty about Brady's coaching abilities and the way he acts, so don't twist my words and act like its all about apperance.

3. SabanFan

I didn't twist your words. I quoted you verbatim. And, you need to get a new example of Brady's (in)abilities. You've dropped the high school thing on us about 10 times already. Did it occur to you that he might have been on a recruiting trip and was jotting down notes about a player? Were you there? Did you see his notes? Were you at practice when he ran the "high school drill"? Is there a rule that you only run college drills? Can not a high school coach come up with an innovative idea?

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Now that's funny. :D

5. -T-

-T- Founding Member

you act as if i only criticize his character, which i do not.

it was not recruting. it was simply taking notes on a bad high school offense. i post it because thats about as bad as it gets.

6. SabanFan

Come on T. Do you honestly believe that a major college basketball coach goes to a high school game and is so impressed with a rudimentary high school offense that he literally takes notes so he can teach it to his SEC players? Then, he actually (using his notes, mind you) installs this offense during one of his valuable practice sessions. Are you daft, Man? Where's your proof? Upon what do you base this scurrilous allegation?

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Was it a winning high school. I thoutht the basics of basketball started early. Coaching basics cannot be a bad thing.

8. -T-

-T- Founding Member

It was a bad offense that he took notes on at a practice and then ran it unsucefully during a few games. It happened. I don't want to give you the high school, but like I said in a post a few days ago, it is very hard to believe but it's the total truth. I lost faith in Brady as a basketball coach that day.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Man, get real will you. This is funny.

10. -T-

-T- Founding Member

I wouldn't post something that incredibly ridiculous if it wasn't true.