Big Brass Balls

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 7, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

gyver likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Apparently all of our leaders are out of touch with everything and everyone. Fuck them all.

My personal opinion is every elected position within our Federal Gov't should pay minimum wage with incentive laden contracts that pay out more for actually doing shit FOR the people of this country, rather then lining their own pockets. Too many career politicians are in it solely for the purpose of growing their personal fortunes and it's sickening.

shane0911 and gyver like this.
  4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Overpaid. Underworked. Frick all of them.
    Our supervisors hold 2 meetings a month, about 2 hrs a meeting. They make over $40,000 a year. 44 if I remember correctly. When our raises came up one of them said we didn't deserve it "All we do is watch tv". We work 24 on. 24 on call and we have 24hrs to ourselves before going back on.
    We've had 4 house fires, 3 grass fires and a vehicle fire in the last week. Yeah. We just watch tv is all.
    That same supervisor didn't even know the county had a fire dept for the first year he was on the board.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You know, I'd say just pull the plug and flush the whole lot of em; trouble is there is a lot 3 deep ready to replace them. The whole damn thing is twisted up like a snake in a lawn mower. Country is in a heap of trouble and so few see it.

gyver and GregLSU like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know Shane, it's become blatantly obvious what these fuckers are about. Both parties are virtually the same, the only difference is which special interest groups they are in bed with.

Over the last 20 years, my voting life, it's been easier to align myself with Democrats because they claim to be in favor of the things I am in favor for socially. Don't agree with a lot of their tax and spend policies, but I don't mind as long as social injustice is at a low.

But today all I see on the democrat side are a bunch of fucking liars who claim to be for progress, yet they vote and act the opposite. At least Republicans don't try to hide the fact they are for billionaires and corporations, and social injustice.

To me it's like what's worse, the wolf or the wolf in sheep's clothing.

gyver likes this.
  7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

The politicians push their agenda and fatten their wallets by keeping us divided.
    Divide and conquer. The majority of them in Washington are con artists. They passed the bills that put this country in the hole and then claim they can fix it.
    Used to be dad could make a living with mom staying home raising the kids. Not anymore. Takes 2 incomes to pay the bills and that's led to the degradation of the family. Kids are being raised by govt approved whack jobs while mom and dad are working themselves apart.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    LSUDad likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It must be noted that the cost of living in DC and the metro area is frighteningly expensive. Especially since these Congressmen must also maintain a house in their districts as well. There are a lot of costs involved. For the responsibilities these guys have, $174,000 does not seem unreasonable.

If we don't pay Congressmen a salary that makes it worth their while, they they have little choice but to take money from special interests and favor businesses that have guaranteed them a job when they leave office.

LSUsupaFan likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It is a tough balance. You also don't want to make it so attractive that it becomes a sinecure. Or such an insiders' game that only preselected insiders get in.
    Part of me likes term limits say 10 terms in congress and 3 in the senate. However that is an incomplete answer. We need a better means of making our represatives more responsible.
    Oh Edmund Burke where are you now?

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

What's another billion. Fire up the printing machines again. The Govt. is a sham and we are all getting bamboozled.