Big Brothers and Sisters to decide death penalty issue.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by M.O.M, Jan 27, 2004.

1. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Latest news from the Big Brother front.
    Almost half the states allow persons under the age of 18 to be executed.
    This has been the laws in these states for decades.
    But this is not kosher with our brother and sister Courts in Europe.
    Which as you can imagine, makes Republican appointees O'Connor, Souter and Stevens feel very uncomfortable when drinking wine and eating cheese at judicial functions in London and Paris.
    The cold stares and tsk-tsk's no doubt embarass our Supreme Court justices madly when they take their 6+ month vacations for speaking engagements overseas.
    Well, something has to be done to protect the wayward 16 year old who beats, ties up, binds and murders his innocent victim.
    Into the breach steps our Supreme Court, armed with the latest version of the Constitution as written by European judges and Con Law faculties at Harvard, Yale and Stanford over the past 5 years or so.
    To no doubt tell us rubes to stop!
    Stop the punishment of misguided youths who would torture and kill, stop the mean stares of European contemporaries.

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

This is great stuff!

Thanks so much for the comic view, have you ever thought about having your work published?

3. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I wish it was comedy my friend.
    While the case has yet to be heard, the momentum is definitely on the side of overturning death penalty sentences for 16-17 year old regardless of the viciousness of their crimes.
    Two factors lead to this conclusion.
    First, O'Connor made numerous statements on her last worldwind tour affectionately pronouncing that the US Courts should consider decisions of foreign courts when making decisions. O'Connor is the classic swing-vote on the Court.
    Secondly, the academic crowd is strongly behind chipping away judicially at the death penalty. Death by a thousand cuts if you will. Like the gay issue, they know they can't win at the ballot box, so they are making pleas to open ears on the Court, lead by Republican nominees like Kennedy, O'Connor, Souter and Stevens.
    Odds are much better than 50/50 the Court will find that prevailing social norms, as announced in places other than the US and obviously nowhere to be found in the Constitution, call for this practice of punishing violent teenagers who commit the most horrific and premeditated murders are not to be executed.

4. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Seriously... Stop.

After having read the majority of your posts I have actually become more stupid than I was before I clicked my way into one of your posts. I don't know of anything that can make less sense than one of your posts. The word Pickleweasle makes more sense than any of your pointless ramblings.

See You In Toledo...

5. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I'm not surprised you are confused.
    Read Kennedy's opinion in Lawrence.
    Read O'Connor's opinion in the retarded death penalty decision.
    These judges are deciding US Constitutional issues on the basis of the shifting norms of the Nordic societies and the French.
    If that doesn't concern you, you really have no understanding of our Constitution whatsoever.