Big Mac Admits to steroids use

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Jan 11, 2010.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thats Tony LaRussa isn't it?

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

With the way MLB virtually encouraged the use of PED's, you can see why so many players cheated. I'd like to think I wouldn't have gone that route but it would be hard if it would mean the difference between a Triple A career and becoming a starter on the big league level. I never made it past high school (basketball) so that decision never presented itself.

I never liked Bonds but I think you have to put him in the Hall, maybe with a section about his steroid use. McGwire is kind of bordeline because it's the HR's that defined his career. Clemens and Pudge would also seem to be Hall of Famer's because of their overall careers. Of course, there are so many players that are alleged to different degrees and we may never know the full story. I'm an Astros fan and wouldn't be completely surprised about Bagwell. I would be a little more about Biggio but then again, he did look bigger late in his career. Everyone in the era gets some degree of doubt.

3. HatcherTiger

All the guys who used have created issues for themselves regarding the HOF. If they don't make it b/c of use, they have no one to blame but themselves. The fact that MLB "tolerated" it doesn't make it right, it just makes MLB part of the problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you are right, but as far as the HOF goes, everyone was juicing. I mean we have to assume everyone was. Lets take a guy like Pedro Martinez. There is no evidence of him juicing, so he has to be a clear 1st ballot hall of famer because he was so effective. But there were alot of pitcher who were juicing, so it kind of levels the playing field with all the batters that were juicing also. The HOF should just have a steroid wing and retire anyone who was found to be taking or linked to PED's who are being considered for the HOF in said steroid wing of the HOF.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

And once again, Canseco is the only one telling the truth through all of this. Does anyone believe McGwire over Canseco about the injections by Canseco in the clubhouse? I know I don't. Canseco's the only one who hasn't been proven to be a liar yet. He's a lot of things, most of them bad, but not a liar yet.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Colin Cowherd said today that he believes Canseco should be in the HOF. Anyone agree? I actually do. He was a 40/40 guy, and no matter how hard anyone tries, the roid era will never go away. Canseco brought it to light, and has been the only person who has told the truth through it all, which is kind of strange, but yeah.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Interesting perspective. I'd have to think about that a little more but he may be right. He helped the game immensely by bringing this to the forefront.

9. HatcherTiger

Only because he knew he wouldn't be in the HOF with his numbers and figured he could make a buck off of it and ha$ in fact done so.

10. CoachDannyOShea

CoachDannyOShea Freshman

Yeah that's pretty strange- who thought Canseco would be the one to clean up the sport?! As a reader of this forum, I'd like to introduce myself to you all since I’m working with the U.S. Olympic Committee to help promote the Don’t be an Asterisk anti-steroids campaign. They're working hard to reveal the truths about illegal steroid use. Check out the website or Facebook page - they've got some great information and have some interactive elements that are both educational and entertaining.