Big Mac Admits to steroids use

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Jan 11, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know, i have been pro steroids in professional athletics, because people do get paid to play, and if you have a family to support, why not take a substance that makes you better. But then i heard this interview last night on Brian Kenny's show and he was talking to someone on the Astros, and the question was posed to the guy (can't remember his name) are you offended that McGwire is still in baseball, and do you wish you took steroids. He of course said no but he also said sometimes he wonders what it would have been like if he took them for 4 seasons, and got paid 4 or 5 million, then quit taking them, he would be set for life. Its not us, and it's not people like McGwire and Bonds that are suffering, its the little guys who don't want to take them, they are the ones who this hurt the most, and it finally hit me last night after listening to this guy.

I still believe that roids should be ok if you are trying to rehab an injury, as long as it is approved by the MLB, or NFL, and doctors, i don't see how it can be wrong, but i have changed my stance on PED's being used to enhance one's skill set.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Yep. Having to take them to keep up with the others you are in competition with is a tough choice to have to make.

One of my biggest points in the argument against 'roids, along with kids taking them to keep up.

Generally agreed, but it needs to be policed well to be effective IMO.

3. clubber_lang

clubber_lang Freshman

These substances are too dangerous to be allowed into sports. Plus you're exceeding what you could naturally do, and that makes you a fake. There are plenty of sources of information online that illustrate how bad they can be.

It creates a dangerous mindset when people are ok with using steroids