Big Matt getting some PT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 9, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He sure is getting a LOT of playing time tonight. Hopefully this trend continues throughout pre-season. Mauck will do well and get more and more comfortable as time goes on.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Oh man, I've had this hate-love-hate-hate relationship with Mauck for three years now, and tonight was just more of the same.

I was out on a date and got to watch about 3 minutes total of the game. Fittingly enough, what I saw was the interception Mauck threw from inside his own 10 yard line that was returned for a TD.

Naturally, I thought of the Ole Miss game, shook my head, muttered "Fu**ing Mauck", and walked away from the bar.

Here's to Matt who, in his first game, was (statistically speaking) Tim Hasslebeck's bitch.

LOL...some things just never change, eh?

3. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I hate to tell you but that f*@&ing Mauck helped bring LSU its first National Championship in Football since '58. That same QB only lost like 2 or 3 games as a starter for LSU. This was his first game as a Pro. He will get better with time. I sure hope he makes you eat his words.

4. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

Yeah Mauck

was only 18-2 as a starter. That's like saying you hate Herb Tyler. All the guy ever did for LSU was help win football games.

5. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

Matt hit recievers in the hands all night long and they dropped it. Looked descent but had a few picks. Cant go off a performance like this due to 3rd team o lines and 8th string recievers etc. All in all he did fine. Im sure he was a little nervous. I see nothing but good things for Matt and I wish him well.

6. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

Confusious say, Mauck stink, should go clean teeth....

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Wow, thats quite a comparison. I love Vincent, but Barry Sanders may be the best to ever play the position. He played on a crappy team, never had a very good OL, and he never got a block. He just ran through, over, and around people. He never rushed for less than 1100 yards, and the one season he rushed for 1100 was his only sub-1300 yard season. He came within 1500 yards of the all time record at only 30 years old...and just walked away.

I would love to think we have the next Barry Sanders on our roster, though.

By the way, Derrick Strait was the fastest player on that defense. Its nice to know that it took the defense's fastest player to catch the RB that juked everyone else out of their jocks.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course. i think barry is the best ever. it is the best compliment possible. i hope that JV really is 50% of the back that barry was. but i do love to watch him go slipping and eluding and popping out of packs of linebackers so thick i couldnt even see him in there.

man, i cant wait for football season.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Me too.

Me too. I was elated just to get to see real, live football last night. Two teams I dont care about, or rather, two teams I dislike, playing a meaningless game in the NFL preseason. Hey, there was a line in Vegas, though, so it must be real! Ah, football.

It was nice to see Mauck, too.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

football season is like christmas except it is way better and lasts months and months.