Big Names at the Bash/Les Miles Video

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

Re: Miles Bash Video

This is a very interesting video. Going over the quandaries of recruiting...if you have a spot open do you take a guy you'd like to have who's a sure thing or do you wait on a guy you'd really really like to have but is only a 50% shot and maybe lose both, his exchange with Ferguson etc. Also his comments about the O-Line next year. :milesmic:

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Wow, Miles is actually well spoken in this interview. I am really surprised, because of the want of Miles-speak opportunities. :hihi:.

He really can speak well.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

One thing I noticed is how exhausted he looked. He must have been up for 3 days straight.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I really enjoyed that. I do not get to see much of that information and it was great. Thanks for posting.

hwr

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Re: Bayou Bash

I heard there was less than 1,000 people there from someone who works at the River Center...

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I did not watch the vid, but having been there I can tell you thatbmiles did look exhausted as did the rest of the coaches. Theyobviously busted their asses the last few days before nsd. That was something I was talking to a friend about last nightwhen talking about the bash.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Well, it sure paid off...didn't it. :tigereye:.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

my first thought was: why in the hell is bhelm posting a video bashing miles!? :hihi:

but seriously, i think this class will be a pretty solid group! coach seems really excited to have the guys that he has here and it sounds to me like this class will get a LOT of PT.

good luck to trovon reed at AU, but he missed a HUGE opportunity, IMO. he could have had a chance to get SIGNIFICANT PT this season, but now he's Tiger Bait. hate to see the best in your state leave... but look what happened to joe mcknight, or ryan perrilloux.. sometimes things work out OK in the end. i'm not saying that reed is a trouble maker (far from it, actually,) but we did OK without those other two guys. but jeez that kid is going to be something else! how on earth AU put together the class they did is unfathomable to me. :grin:

of course mccarthy is probably to blame for him choosing AU. frank wilson and billy gonzales are great coaches and probably great recruiters, but when you get a connection with someone who has been recruiting you from the get-go, it's hard to renege on them. hope the kid get 100+ yards receiving and four touchdowns every game except against LSU.

EDIT - and 500 yards and 10 touchdowns against Bama! :hihi:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Bayou Bash

That's probably accurate, which shows how most LSU fans are front runners.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I, like many others, was just wondering what Romanowski was doing there. I was trying to say that my best guess is that Bubby Brister and Romanowski are good friends. Both played together on the same NFL teams for 4 years (as long as most people are in college). They were both with the Eagles in 1994 and with the Broncos from 1997-1999. Being that they were both new to the Eagles team together (Brister joined in 1993 and Romanowski joined in 1994) and being that they were both new to the Broncos team together (Brister joined in 1997 and Romanowski joined in 1996), and both knew each from the Eagles before that, it wouldn't surprise me if that made them good friends.

Also, although it might not be as relevant, Romanowski went to Boston College ('87 was last season), where Crowton ('91-'93) and Yanowsky ('07-'08) coached. A lot of players go back and are active with their alma mater. For example, I just posted recently about how Joe Addai said he always comes back to Baton Rouge to be involved with LSU football. If Romanowski is like that, it wouldn't be surprising if he made friends with guys that coached at Boston College like Crowton and/or Yanowsky.