Big SEC non-conference game predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 21, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Tech is in such a joke of a season its scary. Them going defeated or 1 win wouldnt surprise me..

2. occstud

occstud Freshman

Look for the Hogs to take advantage of the Horns overconfidence

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. For about a quarter.

4. Marsheezi

Marsheezi Founding Member

La. Tech vs Miami

Miami def. gonna win this one, but i'd really like to go up to tech, and just yell and scream at Brock Berlin and tell him how much he sucks, and how lucky he is he isnt playin in tiger stadium

I eat Cane's for supper....

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Hard to argue with any of those pics. The only game that might turn out differently than what you picked, could possibly be USC over Auburn. But, with how close they played one another last season, and with USC definately losing key players from a year ago, beating Auburn--in Jordan Hare no less, will be tough. Especially with the Auburn backfield the way it is.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think Texas will win--but I don't think they'll be as dominate as people think they will be.

Yes, they'll have a solid defense. They have all-americans in every category of defense--Redding on the D-line, Johnson in the LB-ing group and Vasher (sp?) in the secondary.

Their only question mark will come at QB. There's a lot of inexperience there--especially for a team that has underachieved the past few years (case-in-point: they have trouble beating a top 10 team). They couldn't do it with Simms. But, then again, who thought that Tennessee would win a National Title AFTER Peyton left???

But, the bottom line is that Texas will only go as far as their passing game will take them. If their QB situation is a bust, then their season's a wash. I don't care how good Roy Williams is, if he can't get anyone to throw him the ball, then all he becomes is a highly-touted All-American receiver that will block. Teams will focus on stuffing Benson.