Big Ten Bleauxs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 1, 2011.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Best headline for our game: "Capital Punishment" Only thing missing were cigarettes and a blindfold.

Bama where have you been? Not since the Florida game have I witnessed such enthusiasm and beastly nature. Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Here's looking at you. Three tough games to go in the wild west. 2 out of 3 sounds good to me.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope Arkansas doesn't screw up in the Sugar. Ohio State is 0-9 against SEC teams in bowl action and I would love to see that move to 0-10.

If the Razorbacks want to move into primetime with other SEC powers: LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee...they need to destroy the Buckeyes.

What's the easiest nut to crack?...a Buckeye! :hihi:

On another note...will Auburn maintain or screw up our perfect record in BCS title games?

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I didn't see much of the game but the field looked pretty good. I hope the stadium and surrounding area also received a facelift. I still want a refund for last year's embarrassing conditions.

I turned the game on in the 4th quarter and you could still see the team colors instead of just mud. :grin:

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Sad day for the Big Ten.

To the chagrin of our forum, I had the Big Ten losing all three "Florida bowls"... mainly because I was p.o.ed we got snubbed from a New Years bowl after our late season flop.... I knew Bama would lay one on the Spartans and Michigan would get trounced.
    Remember when Michigan was 5-1 and Denard Robinson was getting all the heavy press... well, the Hawkeyes went into Ann Arbor and put a beating on them... we were up 35-14 before going into our famous prevent D:eek:... won 38-28 in a game that was nowhere that close.
    We pounded Penn State 24-3 and crushed the Spartans 37-6.

Yet, because we don't have the glitz of Michigan or Penn State, we find ourselves having to beat a 10-2 Mizzouri team in the Insight.

MSU and Michigan deserved those beatdowns (although it looked like Bama could have beaten anyone yesterday). The Hawks should have been in one of those bowls... plain and simple.

The Big Ten got what it deserved in the Florida bowls. Congrats to the SEC!!

5. lsxtigers

lsxtigers Founding Member

Who would have thought Miss St. could have handed out a beatdown like they did?

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Before we start chirping.
    The SEC is 3-3 in Bowl Games.
    Yes the Big 10 laid an egg. But our friends to the East (SEC East) have flat out embarrassed the SEC so far. UF excluded
    The behavior of the Tennessee QB doing choking signs and making gestures after every complete pass and that bozo Jackson's behavior aside was embarrassing enough to the SEC... Let alone the loss. Sure they are saying they were robbed again.
    Sorry UT it may be a bad rule but it IS the rule. My UT friend "Just like the LSU game the refs took it away from us"
    Which I just let slide because a person with any football acumen would realize that 13 players on the field is indeed a penalty every time.. But anyway.

We should be chanting SEC West SEC West. Not SEC just yet.
    Because the SEC East sucks this year....

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

NICE!

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I liked the match ups going in. Just felt the Wolverines quit believing some time ago and Sparty was doing just enough to get by. Looking forward to the Pac 12 and Big Ten going to a CCG. It's going to create some attrition and take some of the Teflon off some of the records. In the long run it will impact the BCS profile of the Big Ten in a favorable way and maybe something to having that extra elimination game under your belt going into the big one.

I have to admit to feelings of dominance about the SEC, particularly the speed of our lineman, but upper echelon teams are extremely fluid each season. For some reason I'm especially curious about the R-Kansas vs Ohio State match up, even more. The buckeyes have better athletics and should be the favorite. R-Kansas is not close to putting the same caliber of talent on the field. Lose this one and the Big Ten will be sucking wind, big time.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The difference is that even our sucky teams were competitive. The Big 10's co-champ got beat like a 13 year old's pee pee.