Big Ten Bleauxs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 1, 2011.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That is just the thing. Our middle of the road teams put a beat down on the Big 10's upper echelon, imagine what it would have looked like had they played the cream of the crop. Now, as pointed out the SEC is just 3-3 overall, so we aren't lighting the world on fire. Against the Big 10, however, we have owned them yet again.

Should the remainder of the SEC win out, especially the West teams, giving the SEC a 7-3 bowl record overall, it should further cement the argument of the SEC being the best conference top to bottom. If LSU, Ark, and AU all win out the debate of which division in all of college football, this season will not even need to be discussed.

Should AU win the MNC, sealing a 5th SEC MNC in a row, and a 7th overall there will be no doubt as to who the most dominant conference in all of college football is and has been since the BCS era. It will further confirm just what region of the US has the most dominant football, giving 9 of 12 BCSNC's to the South.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, but the 3 losses were the #8, 9, and 10 teams in the league. The middle and upper tier teams were 3-0 against the Big 10 on Saturday . . . and there are 4 SEC bowls left to play.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Were do you have South Carolina in that #8, #9, & #10 ranking?

4. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I would say they are a solid 8. I sit here every day in Myrtle Beach listening to all of the local pundits get their hopes up every year, and then have them dashed every year. For some reason, they can't finish. Until they find a way to, they will be middle of the road SEC at best. Case in point, they go out and beat #1 Alabama this year and then turn around the next week and lose to Kentucky. This is the way they have been playing for years. Can't beat who they're supposed to. I'm no hater, Unless they're playing LSU, fact is i'd kind of like to see them step it up some, but they can't seem to do it.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

That may be the case, but they would still be #5 or #6 in the SEC.

6. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Your probably right. But it sure doesn't feel that way around here.